Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Poly 61's second oscillator is noisy. Pls Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Automation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Korg Poly 61's second oscillator is noisy. Pls Help! Reply with quote

Hi all!

I bought a Poly 61 last year from used synth dealer who also serviced the keyboard before selling it. As far as I know he is legit and the Poly 61 does look and sound to be in great shape...except the second oscillator has started making a white/pink-ish noise.

For those of you who may be familiar with the Poly 61, the second oscillator can either be a sawtooth or square wave...or you can also turn it off completely.

When I select the square wave the noise is totally gone! When I turn off the oscillator the noise is totally gone...BUT, when I select the sawtooth it is noisy again.

I opened the synth up and looked at the various connections and all looks good.

I am not too technical so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to what the cause could be or what I should try. I would be extremely grateful.

As far as the seller goes, he did sell me the synth with a one year guarantee and as far as I know he will honor that...only problem is he lives in Holland and I am in Austria! When I bought it I had it shipped to me.

Obviously shipping such an old synth so far for repairs is always dangerous (and costly) so I am hoping anyone here can help me before I have to cross that bridge.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Automation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up sending the PCB away for repair and the tech was able to fix the problem. It seems the seller did some modifying to the PCB (soldering where he should not have) which was causing the noise issues. All solved now! Very happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: