Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos transposes randomly on stage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Kronos transposes randomly on stage Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is my first post for this forum. I updated my Kronos to OS 3.02 but I'm having hard times on stage. My Kronos randomly transposes 1 semitone up, and again randomly without me doing anything it transposes back to normal. This sometimes happens while playing a song; which makes my keyboard very unexpected.
I don't know why this happens to me. Please help me.
(I am already using Radial D2 DIbox and UPS, so I don't think it might electrical problem)
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible problem with joystick --short in pitch control axis? Does jogging the joystick return pitch to zero?

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Ozan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it returns pitch to zero and this problem never occured when I was using joystick(I usually play both hands). But still I want to check it is there any menu I can check this in Kronos menus?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason I suggested that is that I've had problems in the past on some patches where the joystick is initially at + 50% (transposed) then resets to zero (Triton Extreme) happens only on a couple of sounds so it may be a programming glitch but a quick jog of the PW or joystick seems to solve it.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Sweat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After upgrading to 3.02, I experienced this problem as well at a gig last week. While playing a combi in Setlist mode with both hands on keys, random transposition automatically started to occur. Tried switching to different combis and programs, but problem continued. So I rebooted. Thankfully I had another board to make through the rest of the song.
Haven't experienced it again yet.
Ozan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it to Korg service last week, today it returned with the problem fixed. They told me I have no hardware problem. It was a system problem, somehow system had a problem after my update I guess. They fixed it with formatting and installing new update again. Now sounds & everything is working fine & the OS is 3.02.
Ozan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work fine, it is doing it time to time. Then I reset by loading factory preload.pcg; it fixes it. Really weird, I don't know what to do...
DanielD71

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should call korg again...hope they'll fixed it for good this time.

Regards
Lazarus99911

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday evening I encountered a similar behaviour! Kronos was midied to a Roland VR09 . I called up an Combi with every channel muted despite Drums and ext on Ch 4 to control the VR. Then I switched thru some Combis weilst the VR was midied but played by its own keybed. At some point the Kronos turned to be out of tune (not really sure if just a semitone?). I' m still observing!

I would be interested If somebody else had this?
Besides, How can you panic the Kronos If necessary?

Greetings

Frank Very Happy
techeverlasting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very curious to hear if these issues only occur on older Kronos's that have updated to OS 3.02 or if the same thing happens on Kronos 2 boards.

As a Kurzweil user I've been dealing with this sort of problem for years - the pitch/mod wheel assemblies on those boards are notorious for sending random pitch data. My solution there has been to create programs that don't respond to any form of pitch bend command. When I need to use wheel I create dedicated programs for that.

Can sensitivity to pitch bend from the joystick be defeated at the program level in the Kronos? If so would this solve the problem?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitch bend can be disabled per program/combi. But this issue seems to be (so far) about a specific new transpose function, not a stuck pitch bend.

I haven't had it happen yet by the way.
dedallas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Kronos transposes randomly on stage Reply with quote

Hello:

My name is Dave, I'm new to this forum. I've just rented a Kronos 2 (88 key) for a month to try it out; I'm hoping to have it replace a couple of other boards in my stage rig. I've just started playing with it and so far am very impressed except for one thing; the keyboard is randomly transposing up by a semitone. There doesn't seem to be anything specific that triggers it. I searched and found this thread. The board I rented was new in box (kind of a try before you buy) and it's a Kronos 2 with Version: KRONOS 3.0.2 software. Was there a resolution to this problem? Did one of the subsequent updates address this, or is there a setting I'm unfamiliar with? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave D.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually random tuning issues are related to the pitch bend control. Most keyboards "center" the control at power up. If the control is flaky or there are bad connections, the pitch can be affected.

Try this, make sure the pitch bend firmly centers mechanically. With the power off, flip the PB back and forth a couple of times. Then, power it up and see if the PB correctly changes the pitch. See if that fixes the problem.

Good luck,

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
dedallas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply! I followed your instructions and it took a little while, but it did it again. Interestingly, I also noticed the the pitch bend stick doesn't seem to be working at all; I tried with several programs/combinations of different types, just in case it was 'disabled' for certain sounds. Didn't work at all on any of them. May be a hardware issue? Thanks for your suggestion. I think the best course of action at this point would be to return the unit to the store and let them handle things. Thanks again.

Dave
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dedallas wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! I followed your instructions and it took a little while, but it did it again. Interestingly, I also noticed the the pitch bend stick doesn't seem to be working at all; I tried with several programs/combinations of different types, just in case it was 'disabled' for certain sounds. Didn't work at all on any of them. May be a hardware issue? Thanks for your suggestion. I think the best course of action at this point would be to return the unit to the store and let them handle things. Thanks again.

Dave

Get a factory sealed Kronos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: