Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
Wow, it saddens me to see the negativity about the Kronos in this thread.

I bought mine about a year ago, when some would have already described it as "end of life." I've found it to be the opposite - full of life. A powerful tool for crafting music and sound, and a real creative enabler.

It is, indeed, an amazing powerhouse.

Quote:
I guess I can understand where if you've had it for 10 years, you might be jonesing for something new

"New" is what you put inside the Kronos. Many of the samples and programs that my Kronos is playing this year were not there, last year.

I've had the OASYS since 2005. There was nothing like it. An amazing super-synth workstation. Kronos came out, added disk streaming of user sample banks, 24 bit recording, extra program banks, new touch screen gestures, double drum kits, more osc sample splits, etc, etc.

Before the OASYS and Kronos, I had the Triton Classic and Extreme. Though it is a familiar operating style, there is significant evolution. The OASYS is wonderful, but can not do all the things that the Kronos does. Even little things, like recording something on my Zoom H4N, pulling the SD card and having Kronos read/play the waves. Very useful.

Let me put it this way, no one has exhausted the sonic and creative capabilities of an OASYS or Kronos. Not even close.

I do agree that Korg should be offering a significant OS update to coincide with the SE release. A missed opportunity to better tout their flagship platform.

Quote:
I'd buy it again today if I didn't already have one.

No question.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote this-

“Let me put it this way, no one has exhausted the sonic and creative capabilities of an OASYS or Kronos. Not even close.”

^THIS THIS THIS

I’ve ALWAYS said this; SO true!!
mikeyd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbukktwo wrote:
Mike Conway wrote this-

“Let me put it this way, no one has exhausted the sonic and creative capabilities of an OASYS or Kronos. Not even close.”

^THIS THIS THIS

I’ve ALWAYS said this; SO true!!

Yes THIS! Not bad for an old board huh? The KRONOS is an awesome board that hasn't seen anything like it to compete. I'd buy an SE tomorrow if I was looking at buying a KRONOS. I love the look, and it'd look good on stage. It's still, for a workstation, the best around in my opinion.

I've always appreciated what KORG has done to improve the KRONOS with updates. The fact that other programs such as KRONOS Remote, PCG Tools, etc. were able to be created by non KORG people shows me the potential of this board has still not been reached. All in its present configuration and OS.

So, for me, if there is another update, availability of new sound sets, or anything else KRONOS owners are able to access, I'll welcome it with open arms as they say. I'm just an end user that has always been happy with a product that has always been there for me and handled every gig nicely.
Carbo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: New Programs Reply with quote

Does anybody have a list of the new KApro sounds the SE will offer?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Programs Reply with quote

Carbo wrote:
Does anybody have a list of the new KApro sounds the SE will offer?

page 8 of this informative thread has the link to the Extra Voice Name List for the SE
DJCobbSalad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard when the SE will start shipping? A few retailers have it for pre-order, but they don't seem to know when to expect inventory.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJCobbSalad wrote:
Has anyone heard when the SE will start shipping? A few retailers have it for pre-order, but they don't seem to know when to expect inventory.

your dealer should know given they have a business relationship with their Korg distributor.

The latest guess for here in the US is late March. Don't run to the bank on that
Carbo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: delivery time Reply with quote

looks like its been bumped another month till the 3rd week of April
DJCobbSalad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a bummer. I need something soon and really want the 61 SE, but I can't wait that long. Trying to figure out the best way to get a current Kronos 2 61 model to use in the interim without losing too much money waiting for the SE. I can get 30-ish days with a return policy, but that would only get me through March. Brick wall
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJCobbSalad wrote:
Wow, what a bummer. I need something soon and really want the 61 SE, but I can't wait that long. Trying to figure out the best way to get a current Kronos 2 61 model to use in the interim without losing too much money waiting for the SE. I can get 30-ish days with a return policy, but that would only get me through March. Brick wall

did you make a NAMM Preorder, plus a down payment/deposit ?
DJCobbSalad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've only been in the market for a new keyboard a couple of weeks and only just decided on the Kronos 61 this past weekend. I have my rep at Vintage King looking into it but I don't think VK deals with Korg and/or keyboards in general as much as they do pro audio / studio gear (which I what I usually use them for), but I'm currently waiting to see what info he comes back with. VK doesn't even have the SE on their website yet. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by DJCobbSalad on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Gibbs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre ordered and my dealer (US based) is expecting the Kronos SE units to arrive by end of March. This is supposedly information received from korg US.
Carbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Zzounds and American Music Supply now have the expected shipping dates moved from late March to late April. Sweetwater doesn't show an expected date. Anybody know any other dealers that will receive SE's?
Mr Gibbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pure speculation at this point;however, it is possible that those who did early pre orders may receive their Kronos se sooner than those who have yet to order. It is reasonable to think that the dealers will only receive so many units before having to await another shipment from korg. I literally ordered mine the announcement day.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current Kronos owners can upgrade to the SE spec now.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0305/

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0305/

No red paint, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: