Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elevation "Do It Again"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolias_mot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Elevation "Do It Again" Reply with quote

Elevation Worship created a song a couple years ago called "Do It Again". On their live version on youtube, about 10ish minutes long, at the 6:55 mark they are using some pads and ethereal sounds that I am trying to duplicate on my Kronos. Has anyone done this, or would be willing to recreate the sound? All attempts thus far have failed on my part. :-/

Thanks folks! ^_^
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do the shorter version and this is one of my favorite songs to play. I use a lot of pads and have sampled most of what I use from Omnisphere. Often I layer several pads. Using Tone Adjust, I may have a slow filter sweep on a bright pad so it changes over time. I’ll dial it in the background so it’s just perceivable. I use drones as well triggered from either the pads or the low C key on my K61.

I don’t have an exact answer but thought these ideas may help.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
mikelees

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s one we play as well. I have a Combi with my re-creations of the pulse, pad and piano etc. There’s also a drone triggered by a nanoPad. I’m happy to share it with anyone who can use it or improve on it! PM me if you would like the pcg file...

I’m working on making the Combis I use for worship available for free download. Mostly piano/pad Combis, but also various song-specific patches. They need a bit of explanation, as I use a specific nanoPad configuration for triggering drone pads in various keys with the nanoPad in toggle mode. It will take a couple of days to prepare and upload the pcg and nanoPad configuration files, however PM me if you would like a preview...
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do this song also. We have a piano player, so I do the strings and pads. I just play the staccato strings rather than making a pulsing patch, since tempo is not set by me. For this song I started with the stock (?) combi "Sordino strings" and edited and layered from there.
I use a lot of pads that I have created by layering and editing various stock sounds, and banks I bought from Qui Robinez and Sound of Planet. I also bought some pads from worshiptutorials.com. I think these are designed for guitar players with pedals, or people who trigger pads from an ipad or computer. They are delivered as MP3 (they won't sell them uncompressed). Still, I have created Kronos samples around them and they work pretty well when layered.

I'd love to share patches and tips with others here.

I'd like to get your opinion of Omnisphere. I checked it out and it is rather pricey. I purchased Absynth a while back thinking it would provide some great pad material, but I haven't found them yet. The sounds seem better suited for film scoring for action/suspense or sci-fi movies rather than worship. Can Omnisphere generate good pads that can be loaded into the Kronos? It has a lot of real-time control possibility, but that wouldn't be available from the Kronos playing samples.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnisphere has fantastic pads. It connot be loaded into the Kronos. But, it can be sampled into the Kronos. Sampling is an art in itself but one worth learning. Omnisphere could be taken to a gig and run in a computer connected to the Kronos. I’ve stayed away from this due to the complexity. I love having just the K61 and 88-note controller. So for now, I sample when needed or wanted.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: