Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Really bad LCD offset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
netunof

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Really bad LCD offset Reply with quote

Hey there folks, can someone please help me with that? The center of my touch screen is badly compensated to the right, how can i fix this? Do i need a new touch? The fringes work perfectly, the touch is centered, this problem is happening only on the center. Already tried calibrating on test mode (by pressing "mixer knobs" + "reset controls" + "enter" + "2 or 5"), whenever i try calibrating the values change drastically. Normal calibration on Global doesn't help as well...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds really bad.

Is it under warranty ? I think authorized service is the way to go.
netunof

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
that sounds really bad.

No it's not, I got it from a third hand. Any ideas on the Test Mode?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

netunof wrote:
GregC wrote:
that sounds really bad.

if you google the forum, I think there is a way to get at service mode.
Folks that have done some DIY might chime in- give them a few more days
netunof

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
netunof wrote:
GregC wrote:
that sounds really bad.

if you google the forum, I think there is a way to get at service mode.
Folks that have done some DIY might chime in- give them a few more days

I already know how to tinker with Test Mode, I got the Service Manual but it seems that it was very poorly translated from some obscure language to english, it explains things very vaguely. I wonder if someone has bumped into it as well...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the points touched on the screen during calibration are done precisely, using a single contact point (Korg suggest using a soft-tipped stylus) then the calibration should be good. If the calibration is still off, despite doing the cal slowly and deliberately, then it suggests that the calibration panel is faulty. Look for evidence of damage to the touch screen surface, or dampness underneath the surface. There is no other "user serviceable" panel calibration.
netunof

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
If the points touched on the screen during calibration are done precisely, using a single contact point (Korg suggest using a soft-tipped stylus) then the calibration should be good. If the calibration is still off, despite doing the cal slowly and deliberately, then it suggests that the calibration panel is faulty. Look for evidence of damage to the touch screen surface, or dampness underneath the surface. There is no other "user serviceable" panel calibration.

Considering what you say the touch screen is damaged or the software is corrupted, is there any way around the software problem? Even using a stylus pen the center is still offset, i've got to press about 1cm to the right to hit the center while the fringes are spot on... Sad
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos Editor allows control of onscreen parameters. If these are changed in the Editor, the changes will appear on the Kronos' screen.

There is also the iPad app called Kronos-Remote, though it won't allow control in all of the Kronos menus e.g. Global menus are not accessible.
netunof

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Kronos Editor allows control of onscreen parameters. If these are changed in the Editor, the changes will appear on the Kronos' screen.

There is also the iPad app called Kronos-Remote, though it won't allow control in all of the Kronos menus e.g. Global menus are not accessible.

No thanks, i really want to solve this problem Kronos only, the less gear i own the better. Not to mention that the Kronos touch screen increases my workflow dramatically.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say, I don't think there is any way around this. Your touchscreen must be faulty and needs to be replaced. Speaking from experience I had another synth a couple of years ago, which had this exact problem. I tried everything skirting around the fact that the touch pad needed replacing. It was on a screen which was well known to be of good design, and for me, no amount of faffing around fixed the problem. Luckily for me it was just out of warranty, and they honored it anyway. The new screen was absolutely precisionly accurate.

Save yourself some mucking about and just bite the bullet. You can then spend this time doing more constructive pursuits Very Happy
netunof

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
I'm sorry to say, I don't think there is any way around this. Your touchscreen must be faulty and needs to be replaced. Speaking from experience I had another synth a couple of years ago, which had this exact problem. I tried everything skirting around the fact that the touch pad needed replacing. It was on a screen which was well known to be of good design, and for me, no amount of faffing around fixed the problem. Luckily for me it was just out of warranty, and they honored it anyway. The new screen was absolutely precisionly accurate.

Save yourself some mucking about and just bite the bullet. You can then spend this time doing more constructive pursuits Very Happy

I would love to but I don't have the cash...
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netunof wrote:

I understand...bummer Sad

It leaves you with few options then. As was suggested, using Kronos Remote is the only other thing I could suggest. If you want to use it for gigging, do you have enough accuracy to just change the setlist screen, and do any fine work with the Remote app?

Otherwise, save the money? and just buy the touchscreen as a spare part and you and a capable friend to install it yourself?
netunof

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
netunof wrote:

I understand...bummer Sad

It leaves you with few options then. As was suggested, using Kronos Remote is the only other thing I could suggest. If you want to use it for gigging, do you have enough accuracy to just change the setlist screen, and do any fine work with the Remote app?

Otherwise, save the money? and just buy the touchscreen as a spare part and you and a capable friend to install it yourself?

I can install it pretty well, already turned the keyboard inside out haha. Too bad spare parts are so awfully expensive and rare here in Brazil...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be worth looking into:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-8-inch-LCD-KORG-Kronos-2-touch-screen-UMSH-8240MD-T/32869259546.html

netunof

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
This might be worth looking into:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-8-inch-LCD-KORG-Kronos-2-touch-screen-UMSH-8240MD-T/32869259546.html

Is this piece supposed to be glued over the LCD?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: