Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Sequencer Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salicet49

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Midi Sequencer Software Reply with quote

Please can anybody give me some advice regarding a software sequencer program. For the past 20 years I have been using the Deluxe Music Construction Set by Voyetra. Yes I know that by todays standards this software is very primitive, however it has served me well for the past 20 years.

About a year ago I bought a new Korg Pa600 and an Apple Mac computer and want some sequencer software that will run on it. The Apple computer is running under OS X. I have spent about a year looking for midi sequencer software with no luck. Sometime ago I bought a copy of Cubase 9 and while I am certain it’s a very good piece of software it’s just far to complicated for me. I have loaded it and tried to use it several times, but just give up in total frustration at the complexity of it.

Like most modern DAW software it has zillions of samples that I will never use. I am not really interested in using samples. I am only interested in Midi. All the musical instruments I own have a midi interface. So I use the sequencer to write songs track by track, copying them from the sheet music. Then once complete I send it via midi to which ever instrument I think is best for that particular song.

As I say most of what I do is copying songs from sheet music into the sequencer track by track. so I need a sequencer that can display standard music notation. I also need software that has an midi event editor, as I need to be able to enter setup data for the various instruments I have. Usually consisting of strings of NRPN data of system exclusive data. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Salicet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: