Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cinematic Suite & Various Orchestral WavesArt Libraries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rendition of Adagio in Gm features Soprano 2, French Horn and Symphonic choir 2 from WavesArt Brass & Vocal suite. There's some strings and some minimal percussion from Cinematic suite as well. When I heard that Soprano voice, Adagio in Gm came to my mind!

Brass and Vocal is a massive library. Hope to record a few more demos...

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, as usual. Play it again, Sam!

I'm looking forward to hearing your orchestral brass demos.

I use a modified factory program of Orchestra and Timpani daily, with a heavier emphasis on the brass. I will soon purchase my 2nd expansion for my Kronos (first was the EXs16 Funk and Soul Brass).

I'm considering WavesArt or KAPro.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
Excellent work, as usual. Play it again, Sam!

I'm looking forward to hearing your orchestral brass demos.

I use a modified factory program of Orchestra and Timpani daily, with a heavier emphasis on the brass. I will soon purchase my 2nd expansion for my Kronos (first was the EXs16 Funk and Soul Brass).

I'm considering WavesArt or KAPro.

Thank you.

I think I know which factory program you're talking about. I've used it a few times. It's great for writing quick ideas. I don't have a whole lot of experience with KAPro libraries. How did yo ulike the EXs16?

I'll definitely record more Brass demos for sure.

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do use the pop brass ensembles from EXs16 in quite a few combis.

Initially I was a bit letdown because they all seemed samey, and I even noticed that almost half of the programs from EXs16 just used Kronos factory ROM instead of being 100% new samples.

However, with layering and key zone usage in combis, the EXs16 programs serve a purpose.

The MODX7 has quite a few brass samples I rather enjoy. Many of them need to be used within a two octave range, as is natural on acoustic instruments. And again, after removing the reverb, the samples do show their age, but still could be useful for the right scenario.

But I'm still on a quest for more brass. The Integra has quite a few good ones, I need to revisit and use them more. I just made a first draft combi/stage setting for Huey Lewis "Power of Love" using the Integra.

I was somewhat disappointed with the brass in the Forte7. I can clearly see how the many brass, string, and orchestral programs and multis may have served the theater and scratch film composer market well, and maybe even got decent use in pop covers, but I guess I let myself be duped by all the older hype.

Newer orchestral brass and sample libraries with articulations and no megabyte size limitations are the way to go forward with Kronos hard-disk streaming.

I look forward to more demos of yours. Not just for the high quality samples, but also for the creative and expressive ways you bring them to life with your compositions. I like beer, and occasional wine, coffee and Monster drinks, but your playing on these demos are certainly my cup of tea as well.
macluit

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top !!!
I recognized the song from theProgRock band Renaissance .
Cold is being (Turn of the Cards).
See how much the classics are present today

Ben
macluit

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top !!!

Ben
macluit

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top !!!

Ben
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macluit wrote:
Top !!!

Ben

Big Renaissance fan here. Yeah, that was common for UK bands that were more progressive, to ' borrow' from the great classics.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
I do use the pop brass ensembles from EXs16 in quite a few combis.

Initially I was a bit letdown because they all seemed samey, and I even noticed that almost half of the programs from EXs16 just used Kronos factory ROM instead of being 100% new samples.

Is that the case with all KAPro libraries?

psionic311 wrote:

The MODX7 has quite a few brass samples I rather enjoy. Many of them need to be used within a two octave range, as is natural on acoustic instruments. And again, after removing the reverb, the samples do show their age, but still could be useful for the right scenario.

But I'm still on a quest for more brass. The Integra has quite a few good ones, I need to revisit and use them more. I just made a first draft combi/stage setting for Huey Lewis "Power of Love" using the Integra.

I was somewhat disappointed with the brass in the Forte7. I can clearly see how the many brass, string, and orchestral programs and multis may have served the theater and scratch film composer market well, and maybe even got decent use in pop covers, but I guess I let myself be duped by all the older hype.

I've been wanting to get the MODX but as usual I can't decide whether I want to use my existing 88 keys/controllers to play the 61 key, or just get the 88 and have even less space in my home studio. I like Yamaha orchestral sounds. I'm sure I'll be able to find a use for it.

psionic311 wrote:

Newer orchestral brass and sample libraries with articulations and no megabyte size limitations are the way to go forward with Kronos hard-disk streaming.

I look forward to more demos of yours. Not just for the high quality samples, but also for the creative and expressive ways you bring them to life with your compositions. I like beer, and occasional wine, coffee and Monster drinks, but your playing on these demos are certainly my cup of tea as well.

Thank you. Yes, I'll definitely record some more. I've listened to some of your recordings and would love to hear more...especially if you have some with EXs libraries, Forte and MODOX. [/b]

ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice playing Sam! You definitely do a great job of demonstrating the Wave Arts libraries
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, EXs16 is a Korg library expansion, not KApro. And to be fair, maybe it wasn't half, but there were quite a few that it made a mark on my memory. The download itself has 677 MB of new PCM samples.

I only loaded select programs from the expansion into one of my user banks for combi use. I chose about 20-30 sounds, and I just whizzed thru them now, it looks like they're almost entirely new multisample programs. I probably chose not to load programs that already had ROM multisamples, as I was looking for new material.

For example, the program Pro Brass Section has 2 multisamples: 2 Trumpets f (ROM stereo) and 2-Tb-str-mf (EXs16 stereo Funk and Soul brass).

I'll see if I can make some audio demos. I don't really do videos atm.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to announce that WavesArt Cinematic Suite has changed it's price with a 100 euros discount in order to be more affordable to Kronos users.
http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Cinematic%20Suite.html

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
Nice playing Sam! You definitely do a great job of demonstrating the Wave Arts libraries

Thanks a lot.

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another short demo. It features a number of combis from Harp, Cinematic and Brass & Vocal libraries. There are some additional WavesArt Percussion, Brass and winds in there as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: