Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combine Kronos with Native Komplete A61, change MIDI channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansstip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Combine Kronos with Native Komplete A61, change MIDI channel Reply with quote

Hello forum,

I'm new to the world of Korg so please forgive my newbee question and possible double post.
I tried searching the forum but did not find an answer to my question. Thanx in advance.

I would like to connect the Korg Kronos 61 via USB to my Komplete A61 Midi keyboard.

Then I thought if I can change the MIDI out channel on the A61 to channel 2, the Kronos can accept input from this external keyboard. Allowing me to setup split points so in a live performance I can use the A61 as if the Kronos has an extra set of keys (so I think of it simply as doubling the number of keys on my Kronos (a upper and lower manual), giving me more room / flexibility to use split points ranges). So I want to control via Midi which keys control which timbres in a combi.

Simple Example :
Timbre 1 : Strings -> Left keys of the Kronos (Midi Channel 2)
Timbre 2 : Piano -> Right keys of the Kronos (Midi Channel 2)
Timbre 3 : Organ -> Left keys of the Komplete (Midi Channel 1)
Timbre 4 : Brass -> Right keys of the Komplete (Midi Channel 1)

I found that it is not possible to change the Midi channel of the Komplete A61 from 1 to 2 so instead I changed the global channel of the Kronos from 1 to to 2.

When I play the Komplete I hear correctly only the Organ and Brass sounds. But when I play the Kronos I hear the sounds combined (Strings + Organ on the left and Piano + Brass on the right).

So I guess Midi channel 2 goes correctly only to the Korg.
But Midi channel 1 goes to both keyboards instead of only the Komplete.
How can I correct this ?

Is such a configuration not possible or am I doing something wrong ?

Greetings Hans
hansstip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strangest thing happened when I tried the same with different instruments in another combi. Now it works. Only there I started with a "simple split" and built the combi from there.

But I'm puzzles as what I'm doing wrong in the original combi.

I tried to enhance the sounds via IFX, could that lead to the strange behaviour ?

I guess I'll have to try to make a new version of the combi and putting the value of each parameter one by one back to the original so I could see if it already occurs from the start or by changing a specific parameter... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: