Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What better program to organize the PCG?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thiagotgc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: What better program to organize the PCG? Reply with quote

I'm using PCGTools, but it can not copy the patches with reference to Waves Sequences and Drums Patterns in different banks.

I need to go from patch to patch and manually change.
4GB RAM

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use all three well-known Kronos freeware (PCG Tools, TidyKronos and the Kronos Editor) as each offers certain advantages over the others.

In most cases, if you copy/paste a program, the new duplicated one will not refer to waveseqs, drum patterns, etc. But references to waveseqs and drum patterns will be intact if you instead cut/paste a program. Note that references to combis might be lost depending on what you do.

PCG Tools can help to work faster for certain things, but as you found out can also create additional work for other things. The other two freeware keep all references intact when you know what you are doing, even though initially it looks like they are not as fast (but with them you avoid additional work later).
thiagotgc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
I use all three well-known Kronos freeware (PCG Tools, TidyKronos and the Kronos Editor) as each offers certain advantages over the others.

In most cases, if you copy/paste a program, the new duplicated one will not refer to waveseqs, drum patterns, etc. But references to waveseqs and drum patterns will be intact if you instead cut/paste a program. Note that references to combis might be lost depending on what you do.

PCG Tools can help to work faster for certain things, but as you found out can also create additional work for other things. The other two freeware keep all references intact when you know what you are doing, even though initially it looks like they are not as fast (but with them you avoid additional work later).

I want to copy 127 patches that are in a PCG I bought, but several progs and combis have references to new styles of Waves Seqs and Drum pattern, I want to easily put everything in my PCG without having to edit.

I've already seen that PCGTools does not do this.

Which one of those you quoted, do you?
4GB RAM

thiagotgc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing?
4GB RAM

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thiagotgc wrote:
I want to easily put everything in my PCG without having to edit.

Did you download and try the freeware I mentioned ? They are good tools to help one organize everything in a Kronos. Of course, nothing will do all the work for you without effort or some editing.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What better program to organize the PCG? Reply with quote

thiagotgc wrote:

I'm using PCGTools, but it can not copy the patches with reference to Waves Sequences and Drums Patterns in different banks.

I need to go from patch to patch and manually change.

Hi, when time permits in the next few weeks, I should be released my kronos.factory librarian, which should do what you want, as I have written it to allow me to do that. I.e. If you copy a Program to a new file, then Wave Sequences and Drum Kits and Drum Patterns will be copied as well. If you move a wave sequence in a file, then all references made by Programs are updated.

Check my signature links

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: You can check out the beta version, highlighted on this thread, to see if it does what you want. If it doesn't then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117116&highlight=

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
thiagotgc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
PS: You can check out the beta version, highlighted on this thread, to see if it does what you want. If it doesn't then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117116&highlight=

Excellent Software!

But do not let me save .... How do I?
4GB RAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: