Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos using Ipad/Apps and midi controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siwaj11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Kronos using Ipad/Apps and midi controller Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to Connect my Ipad (using apps like Sample Tank, Korg M1 ect) and midi keyboard controller (K 49 Series) into my Korg kronos.

I am aware that I can hook up my Ipad directly to my midi keyboard controller. that I already did and it was working perfectly.

I hooked up my ipad via usb to my kronos and hooked up my midi keyboard controller via midi cable. everything is perfectly working.

Remote Kronos, Korg M1, Smple Tank, Korg Module apps from my Ipad is working on my kronos.

Midi keyboard controller is also working.

Assigning dedicated midi channel from my kronos and match the midi channel of my midi controller is perfectly working.

since I have 1 Ipad and I don't want to connect/disconnect every time I wanted to play the Ipad app (sample tank or korg M1 app ect) using my midi controller.

My question is how to make my midi controller control my ipad ( ipad apps) while both are connected to the Kronos via midi cable/usb works?

As I tried assigning 1 track from Combi mode in Timber Paramater tab assign as EXT and Midi Channel is assigned in ch 2.

I have assigned my K 49 Seris Midi Keyboard controller in mid ch 2
unfortunately it's not working.

did I mis some configuration? or my goal is not possible.

thank you in advance.

Gear: Korg Kronos, Korg K 49 Series, Korg Nanopad, KRK Rokit 8, MacPro, LogicPro, Reason 4, Sennheiser Microphone, Shure SLX, Behringer X32
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are trying to send MIDI into the Kronos and have that data exit the Kronos on a USB port to your iPad, correct?

If so, Kronos will not do that. Any MIDI in (MIDI port or USB) will not be present on any MIDI or USB port. (other than MIDI Thru from MIDI in)

This function is MIDI Merging and not available in the K.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos using Ipad/Apps and midi controller Reply with quote

siwaj11 wrote:
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to Connect my Ipad (using apps like Sample Tank, Korg M1 ect) and midi keyboard controller (K 49 Series) into my Korg kronos.

I am aware that I can hook up my Ipad directly to my midi keyboard controller. that I already did and it was working perfectly.

I hooked up my ipad via usb to my kronos and hooked up my midi keyboard controller via midi cable. everything is perfectly working.

Remote Kronos, Korg M1, Smple Tank, Korg Module apps from my Ipad is working on my kronos.

Midi keyboard controller is also working.

Assigning dedicated midi channel from my kronos and match the midi channel of my midi controller is perfectly working.

since I have 1 Ipad and I don't want to connect/disconnect every time I wanted to play the Ipad app (sample tank or korg M1 app ect) using my midi controller.

My question is how to make my midi controller control my ipad ( ipad apps) while both are connected to the Kronos via midi cable/usb works?

As I tried assigning 1 track from Combi mode in Timber Paramater tab assign as EXT and Midi Channel is assigned in ch 2.

This is a transmit function. Your EXT has to be a sound module or some other tone producing source.

I have assigned my K 49 Seris Midi Keyboard controller in mid ch 2
unfortunately it's not working.

did I mis some configuration? or my goal is not possible.

thank you in advance.

Gear: Korg Kronos, Korg K 49 Series, Korg Nanopad, KRK Rokit 8, MacPro, LogicPro, Reason 4, Sennheiser Microphone, Shure SLX, Behringer X32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: