Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set up kronos editor 3.0 vst w/ MPC 3.0 software/Logic X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbeckpro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Set up kronos editor 3.0 vst w/ MPC 3.0 software/Logic X Reply with quote

Please help! I'm trying to set up kronos 3.0 editor with MPC X 2.0 software and Logic X software. The editor manual says go to options - Select Install VST Plug-in…. from the Options menu. My problem is, there is no vst install option.

I also need to know what this midi quest download is about...

Thanks
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Set up kronos editor 3.0 vst w/ MPC 3.0 software/Logic X Reply with quote

bbeckpro wrote:
Please help! I'm trying to set up kronos 3.0 editor with MPC X 2.0 software and Logic X software. The editor manual says go to options - Select Install VST Plug-in…. from the Options menu. My problem is, there is no vst install option.

I also need to know what this midi quest download is about...

Thanks

Hi there.

OK here's the issue with Kronos Editor, it's out of date, hasn't been touched in some time. If memory serves me right, Kronos Editor is part of Midiquest. as logic Pro X is now 64 bit and handles AU (Audio Units) and not VST directly, there's your issue. Not experienced with MPC software, though used to own an MPC4000 as hardware only. so can't really help there. but as regards kronos Editor, it hasn't been updated in a long while, which is a shame as there's things that need doing to it, like 64 bit support for a start.

lew
DjStiky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does MidiQuest include a 64bit version of the plugin with same functions?
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been in contact with SoundQuest about this. Version 12 is coming out in the next couple of months with direct support for Kronos OS 3.1 for all version kronos workstations and as such will be 64 bit ready for DAW's as well as standalone hosting. so, all being well, we should have better info soon.

The current issue of the Kronos Editor, it is a seriously scaled down version of midiquest, developed between korg and SoundQuest, however, for legal reasons, soundQuest cannot discuss any issues or support with this software, it's for korg to do.

lew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: