Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Drum Kit Reply with quote

What is the best way to program a custom drum kit into the Krome?

How do I do it?

Thanks.
Lenster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Custom kit Reply with quote

Hmmm, If I was inclined to do this, I would take one of the existing kits and copy it to bank D (or wherever there is open space)
Then I would experiment with that copy.
As far as I recall, each key is a sample file and they are file names like P107, and are buried I think in Bank E along with the drum patterns.

Hope this helps or at least gets you on track. At least if you bugger up the copied kit, there's no damage to the original.
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Drum Kit Reply with quote

I know I could program a customized drum kit on my Triton Classic. It has been years though and I forgot how. Anyone else got any info for me?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drum Kit is a complex place with parameters for each key separately:
Open the GLOBSL page P5 drum Kit.
Select the USER 32 Drum Kit or other empty Kit.
First page is a SAMPLE SETUP.
Press and HOLD the ENTER button then strike a Key where you want to put the first DRUM sounds. Mark to ASSIGN at right corner place. Select one Drum Sample.
Now Open the SAMPLE PARAMETER Page. Here will can adjust the pitch, tune transpose, decay cutoff...
Open the Drive Eq page and adjust the Eq for this sample.
If you need more layer (as snare with different velo sounds) open the page for velocity split. As any OSC Multisounds, here can select more sample at different velocity.
On Voice/Mixer page will can send each sample on the IFX or MFX. Here can do the sound group. Hh, Open/Close etc.
That's need to do for each drum element (for each key). To understand better, select one existing Kit, press and hold the Enter button, strike a Key one by one and analyse each drum elements how it's made.
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I am still lost. I hit the global button and the #5 tab on the page said LFO....not sure what that means. There was an Arpeggiator/drum tab in global, tab 7 I believe.
I did somehow manage to find the bass drum and snare drum I wanted to use in one of the drum sections (BD&SD).
i need to know how to take the individual sounds and program them on an empty patch so that I can place them on the keyboard in the order that a drum set would be set up. Theoretically, I know this is not a drum set, but just to make it more ergonomic.
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Opps Reply with quote

I think I was in program mode. That said. I am still confused. Please walk me though How to get to page 5 drums.

I need baby steps...lol. All I want to do is create, all of this technology stuff slows me down when it comes to the learning curve and getting down to business.
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Ok. I have figured out how to hit the "Global" tab and the "Page" tab as you described to get me to page: 5 drums. Now I am lost again. Do I have to find an empty patch to move the sounds I want into? How do I do this?

I am glad I have (albeit it 20 years ago) some familiarity with this OS. That said 20 years was a long time again. Recorded 4 complete CDs with my Triton Classic and 2 CDs on a Roland stand alone before that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: