Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with booting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Problem with booting Reply with quote

My Pa1XPRO would not boot. When I turn it on it will freeze in the middle of booting and get stuck with screen showing Pa1X. I tried to re-install OS v3.01 four diskettes with the "INTRO-1" approach and all four were installed successfully . At the end of the installation I got message on the screen "power off & restart". I did power off, removed the fourth diskette and restarted the kb expecting that I would be able to continue with the resources (6 diskettes) installation. Unfortunately, after restart of the kb I got the same screen with just showing Pa1X as I got it when the problem started. So I was unable to proceed to the resources installation. I would like to point out that I had this problem some years ago and at that time the repair center replaced the motherboard and reinstalled everything and it worked great. I still use this kb because I have myriad samples on the HD and use them in my work. I am aware that they might be lost but fortunately I was able to recreate them on my newer version kb. Still I would like to fix this old faithful to use it as a backup if I need to. Thanks for your suggestions.
Pete
in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven ~
dimitri KORG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mate, did you resolve the problem with your pa1x ?I got same issue
Peter Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. But I am so disappointed that nobody would come forward and try to help. I understand that this topic has been covered numerous times here but still I think that it should not be ignored. I think that I got the beast now and I know now what a real issue is. There are many posts where they want you to believe that if you have this problem then you have problem with hd. No, not always and not even most of the time. Real problem is a main board or motherboard. Now we come to point why everybody would direct you to hd when you have problems with booting and nobody would ever mention problems with motherboard. That would be good question to ask. But you can see that nobody wants to touch this topic for good reason. You know, nobody wants to admit that there might be any problem with motherboards because it would be much more serious problem than having faulty hd. You know, motherboards are some $600 to replace versus $40 for hd. And you certainly know now to whom the blame would go to.
in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven ~
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure its not just some faulty resources loaded that made it stop booting?
Some years ago i had in for service a pa1x pro that was getting stuck at boot and all it was , wrong resources loaded...
I had made a custom os to overwrite everything when updating with empty files so it would pass the exception that made it stuck but later i learned that there is a key combination that wipes all data while updating.Can't remember it right now but you can search that direction.
I never had a pa1x myself so never really learned the instrument good enough to be able to diagnose remotely all faults..
From personal experience the korg keyboards that their mainboards do fail more often are pa800 and triton extreme and krome which is most of the times only the sd card that is on mainboard.
through the years i have encountered only 2 pa1x with a faulty motherboard .1 got fixed, the other wasn't easy to diagnose as the problem was happening at veeery random times so left it because it didn't worth the time.
Of course there will be fails on all models of every company.It is electronics, even airplane electronics do fail and some times catastrophically!I can't blame korg for any other model except pa800 which had way too poor airflow/cooling design.Also lets don't forget that the newest pa1x is at least a decade old now with way too many hours on stage for most people...Everything has an end of life...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: