Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outputting midi info to Kronos from DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezolhof

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Outputting midi info to Kronos from DAW Reply with quote

My setup: KronosX + MacPro + Cubase + Quartet

I'm trying to record the sounds from Kronos whilst quantizing them, which means I'd have to send midi info from Cubase to my Kronos at the same time I'm recording an audio track using the audio output from Kronos, right?

The problem is, Kronos won't show as a midi output option on the Midi track in Cubase. Is there any way to enable it or is there a specific setup for this situation (or a better way to do it)?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, I connect the Kronos directly to the computer using the M-Audio UNO Midi to USB converter cable. It just shows up as Uno in/out inside pro tools. That takes care of the midi traffic. For audio, I connect audio outputs to audio inputs on my Zen Studio audio interface. That's about it.

Gunnar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Kronos show up at all in the "Audio MIDI Setup"? If you simply plug the Kronos into the Mac using a USB cable, it should show up there. However, if you installed the Korg USB driver on your Mac, chances are it won't. Remove that one again. I'm running the USB cable from Kronos into the MacBook Pro without the Korg driver and it shows up fine.

ref: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=742422&sid=31e8bca32083baec5f11005ce36c6ad8
number6uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had issues on my Mac with the old Korg midi driver, so used to run without it. The only thing it really affected was the speed when talking to the Kronos librarian, it was slower without the driver (when it worked).
Just recently I have installed the new driver (updated this year) and so far it has been working fine for the Kronos, Prologue and Minilogue.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
ezolhof

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg USB Midi Driver did the trick, thanks y’all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: