Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg TR Series SD card source

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captjag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Korg TR Series SD card source Reply with quote

OK, So the TR series was discontinued 10 years ago and anyone seriously into music would have upgraded by now, but, I recently got back into music after many years of abstinence. I have been looking for an SD card for it and have found mixed messages about the type and capacity, so, I wrote Korg. Here is their official reply:

Hi John,

The TR uses standard SD cards (not SDHC or SDXC) and the maximum storage SD card capacity that is compatible with your TR61 is 1GB. Refer to page 100 of your TR61’s owner’s manual (“Operation Guide”) for more information. Physically, the SD card slot is for a standard full-size SD card.

The TR61 was available from 2005 through late 2009. At that time, SD cards with smaller capacities were more widely available as they were more commonly used, and the TR did not require large capacities for storing data. In the years since this product was discontinued, the demand for higher capacities for removable storage media has continued to grow and evolve. Over the years since the TR series was last produced, the storage media industry has continued to evolve according to demand and the evolution of the products introduced since that time.

Thank you and best regards,

Korg USA Product Support

So, my question is, where do I buy an SD card, not SDHC or SDXC that is 1GB?

Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several listed on eBay, mostly used. If not sure, use the ask the seller a question to verifiy if it is an SD, not SDHC/SDXC.
wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I acquired several. They are getting scarce as along with an entire two decade selection of older synths, they are used by a variety of industrial equipment, and consumer products including sewing machines (the smart ones from 2005 era).

Ebay is your best bet. I paid a lot for mine, and I have enough to last me the life of my TR88. Acquire several while you're at it the prices just keep rising.

Buy a 1 or 2 gb SD and make sure it says it's not the later generation.

My samsung 2 gb SDs work fine.

W

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: