Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monologue MIDI implementation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc_T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Monologue MIDI implementation Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am looking for the MIDI implementation documentation of the Monologue. I found this page:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/733/2890/

However, when I click the link it downloads the Minilogues MIDI implementation but not the Monologues. Does anybody know where I can find it?

Thanks, Doc T

Last edited by Doc_T on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Monologue Owner's Manual has the MIDI Implementation Chart at the end, on page 57. For more detail, most of the Minilogue MIDI Implementation document, downloadable from the link in the original posting, will be relevant, since the Monologue is the Minilogues "little" brother, after all.
Doc_T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chart in the manual ist only a small fraction of the MIDI implementation. It basically covers realtime CC# messages that are relevant for basic external MIDI control with DAWs and external controllers.

What I am interested in is the SxsEx implementation. It is close to the one of the Minilogue, that is correct (Look up the bottom of the MIDI chart in the manual, it reads Minilogue all over the place; copy paste artefact), but only close.

When I monitor what the librarian does with the Monologue I get a dump of the actual programm data of the patches within the Monologue. I want to build something, that can read the patches and display a chart of the knob positions or the interface with the knob positions for that particular patch.

This is missing. Once you have stored a patch you will never be able again to recreate it with the knobs or go on from there. I am not the only one who is looking for a way to read patches in plain text to be able to do so.

I have looked up the dialogue (!hihi) between the Monologue and the library software and can decode the bytes that go between them since it is close to the Minilogue. But when it comes to patch data I could reverse engineer the code to find out where a particular parameter is stored in the code. But I am too lazy. I want this documented to look it up (time is a factor, always). I know this file exists. Soooo... Its just a question of economy to ask for it.
Doc_T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a mail from KORG customer support – a month later – that the file is now up an ready for download here

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/733/4231/

This is very appreciated. Thumbs up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: