Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Volca Keys sustain problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shifty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Korg Volca Keys sustain problem Reply with quote

Hello Korgenators!

I have a problem regarding the sustain on my Korg Volca Keys. In short; it doesn't work…

When I have no settings active except, for example 'trigger-sync', and I turn the sustain-knob nothing happens. When I send a sustain-MIDI-message from Ableton Live it is active only shortly…

!!!! The step-trigger setting is not active.

After an hour or so, active, by accident it might work, even though the sustain-knob is turned all the way to the left ?!?!

Do I have to watch for certain settings?
Did anybody have a similar problem?
Does it sound it might be broken?

Hopefully somebody has an idea!

Thank you in advance!

Joep
slug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not get any sustain unless you are holding a key down or the sequencer contains a sustained note.
You dont mention this in your post so have you tried holding down a key and adjusting the sustain control? It might also help to understand that what a sustain control does is simply set the volume of the sustained note.
Shifty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You will not get any sustain unless you are holding a key down or the sequencer contains a sustained note.

Thank you @slug for your reply and yes, I do understand that it will only work when I hold the key down or when I have a MIDI note playing all the time.

I found out that there is a malfunction going on at the potentiometer (knob) of the sustain. The LED slightly toggles on and off behind the sustain knob and sometimes fully as if information is send all the time.

I opened the Korg Volca Keys and blown out any dust but it still slightly blinks…

I think the potentiometer is broken… crap!
Potreba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try spraying Kontakt 60 or similar solution onto pot shaft and working the fluid into the pot's internals.

Otherwise look for replacement pot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: