Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting Up MIDI System on Windows 10 / Korg Krome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Another

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Setting Up MIDI System on Windows 10 / Korg Krome Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I've two questions. I want to setting up my MIDI Korg Krome System (like a MIDI Controller output) to Finale 2014 for windows 10, using my Scarlett 18i 20 as a MIDI Interface input. Actually I'm using my MIDI device (MIDI CABLE not USB) from Workstation to the Focusrite. The thing is that finale is not recognizing my keyboard as a MIDI Controller. One option For figure out it's going on finale to the rute:

"MIDI/Audio: Checking that "Play Finale through MIDI" is marked, then "Device Setup" & over to
"MIDI/Internal Speaker Setup", but unfortunately the last one rute it's not longer appear. I do not know if it's due to my OS, maybe works on MAC

NOTE: It may be that this option is not available for windows but it's the only way that I know to configure the MIDI device on Finale 2014.

So ... I'm very confused, because I've already checked all my hardware connections. I'm not sure, for example, if it's some configuration that has not been done correctly or that MakeMusic is not correctly recognizing my 18i20. In any case I think it's convenient to ask all of you, Finale & Krome users, to solve this situation. I wonder if it's necessary to set the "MIDI BASIC or MIDI ROUTING" in Krome before connecting the Focus. If I missed a step, please let me know.

On the other hand, for those who use Make Music, in some cases I turn on and connect my interface without having started on finale. When the program is running an automatic Pop-up window appears & textually says:

"Audio Engine Error - Finale's audio engine failed to load. Please restart Finale. Error Code: 7"

Does anyone know why it happens? To solve it quickly, I turn off the interface, close and open again the finale, waiting for it to load and then turn on the scarlett again. It always works, but I have not discovered the problem yet.

Thanks for your time & future answers, dear friends.

Sincerely,

Andrés P.[/b]
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your computer will see the Scarlett as the MIDI interface, not the Krome, so it will not report the Krome as being connected, even though it will receive the MIDI from the Krome via the Scarlett.

On the other hand, if the Krome Editor was used, it would be able to "see" the Krome, because it would "probe" via the MIDI interface using SysEx, and get an acknowledgement SysEx message back from the Krome. I don't think Finale 2014 can do this, so it will have to be set to using the Scarlett as the MIDI interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: