Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strings hanging forever?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonAlmog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Strings hanging forever? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
I have just bought the EK-50 a few days ago, still learning.
coming from Yamaha keyboards, and not a professional or anything.

So the problem is: in some sounds, like 05 - Piano & strings, if i press the dumper pedal, the strings stays forever. i mean, as long as the pedal is pressed.
if i continue playing, it soon becomes a mess. if i lift my foot and let go of the pedal, it stops all together immediately in a very unnatural manner.

usually, all sounds have an "envelope", also known as ADSR
so they all vanish at some point. but these strings last forever, all of them...

Any tip or advice on that?
RonAlmog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i should add that the pedal is a standard one, from amazon, not the special one from Korg. maybe this could be the reason? but it's only a switch, no? I had to set the pedal setting to 'reverse', and the sustain basically works.
rolo95

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not have that problem

obviously like on a regular piano, when you change chords you use the damper technique of lifting the pedal momentarily so the last chord doesn't smudge with the new one and make a mess

Rolo.
Backpool

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I had the same problem, it was the polarity .( page 21 in the manual )

But given there is only one function available I used mine for exp. but the only issue I find is that it would be better 'global' as volume. The expression function only controls the voice/sound parts and not all the other parts. i asked support and they said it was not possible to use as a global volume function
So it looks like I am going to have to stick with touch sensitivity, which is ok, but when your an old school organist, it takes some getting used to!
i might just try out the quarter tone option ...... which might be interesting and see how that works out.

I suppose for what these keyboards cost we are lucky to have any pedal functions available ...lol

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: