Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 2019 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelinni wrote:
I mean just look at it.
A filter steals a VOICE?????

DSP horsepower isn't infinite, especially on a low specs and low power device (which was designed to run on batteries, remember).

Since they choose to offer dynamic allocation of limited ressources over guaranteed performances, too bad we don't have a CPU gauge or realtime used voices, since the "24 voices" are just a very best case scenario.

These units would have deserved more support, indeed.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
Travelinni wrote:
I mean just look at it.

DSP horsepower isn't infinite, especially on a low specs and low power device (which was designed to run on batteries, remember).

Since they choose to offer dynamic allocation of limited ressources over guaranteed performances, too bad we don't have a CPU gauge or realtime used voices, since the "24 voices" are just a very best case scenario.

Mate , the EMX-1 only has 5 channels and it's 100000% better than those digital things .
Sure Korg , 24 voices .
Trying to impress me when ''voices'' mean filter manipulation and other motion sequence recordings?
Anyways , thanks to you guys for letting me know how bad that is and how Korg actually behaves regarding supporting their customers and musicians alike.
Running on batteries isn't the issue. The Microkorg also runs on batteries and it's polyphonic and there's no ''voice'' stealing. My laptop runs on batteries aswel and i've got as many voices as I want , so sorry mate but that's not an excuse for them doing what they did.
It just proves how lazy and cheap Korg's playing their game and seriously Face palm that synth architecture ta f*ck Face palm
When a company says VOICES we expect it to be related to VCO's and not VCF's. Korg actually cheated and lied their way into this and tricking customers.
Glad i didn't fall in their pony trick.
I'll have my EM-1 and I'm grabbing an EMX-1 next when possible.
There's a way to also get the old tribes running on batteries with a mod if you know how to do it but i'm not risking frying the board with it.
I feel sorry for you guys that bought their latest stuff , i really do.

Gosh even a roland jv1080 is 64voices and you know what?
It is!
You can even swap voices in between channels if you want!
And when i mean voices i mean hitting notes note filtering.
Seriously ... Face palm

That sounds like the same problem with modplug tracker with vsti's.
for each modulation you have to create a ''channel''plus for the vsti to slide you'll have to create an extra channel to be able to overlap notes because vsti's are not meant for trackers they're meant for daw's.
So seriously , f*ck dat s**t.

Korg= Liars & Cheaters.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelinni wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

I don't get it, people say they want make money...well fix the Electribe and you make huge moneyz is it not cheaper fix a software related stuff then make a new one?

Mate they are.
Not with the electribe range but.
They are apparently focused on the Volca range , don't know about the rest.
Korg can't be bothered with Electribe musicians.

I mean just look at it.

what the f*ck were they thinking?

The new tribes had 2 revamps due to the problems pointed by many.
The grey one apparently you can hack it to become an emx or esx.
They released new versions one in blue and red.
Many customers still complaining about the firmware and that the patterns don't flow and have a gap in between.
So many problems plus the new tribes look so uninspiring , flat , full of disco and pointless disco lights and it's digital.
It sucks.
Now compare that to other tribes that have a more analog approach.
They can be old but they're gold compared to all this new toy crap s**t.

Any Electribe is digital, it's analog emulation man.
The look? It's personal opinion...
You see I think one of the main reason why some company don't give a s**t is for this sort of comments and users.

After going around the web I probably end up like Korg!
Too many kids expect who knows what from a £300 device. Sure Korg support sucks but try to just read the post in this category, my god just kill me.
People that can't do stuff because they don't know how to, asking for unquantize sequencer (it never did it), ask for 8 bar(it doesn't do it) or for stuff that is completely far.
Seriously f*ck that, I have to spend hours to find few users who really make the point...the rest is a waste of time.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelinni wrote:
Poumtschak wrote:
Travelinni wrote:
I mean just look at it.

Mate , the EMX-1 only has 5 channels and it's 100000% better than those digital things .
Sure Korg , 24 voices .
Trying to impress me when ''voices'' mean filter manipulation and other motion sequence recordings?
Anyways , thanks to you guys for letting me know how bad that is and how Korg actually behaves regarding supporting their customers and musicians alike.
Running on batteries isn't the issue. The Microkorg also runs on batteries and it's polyphonic and there's no ''voice'' stealing. My laptop runs on batteries aswel and i've got as many voices as I want , so sorry mate but that's not an excuse for them doing what they did.
It just proves how lazy and cheap Korg's playing their game and seriously Face palm that synth architecture ta f*ck Face palm
When a company says VOICES we expect it to be related to VCO's and not VCF's. Korg actually cheated and lied their way into this and tricking customers.
There's a way to also get the old tribes running on batteries with a mod if you know how to do it but i'm not risking frying the board with it.

It is!
Seriously ... Face palm

for each modulation you have to create a ''channel''plus for the vsti to slide you'll have to create an extra channel to be able to overlap notes because vsti's are not meant for trackers they're meant for daw's.

Korg= Liars & Cheaters.

Again another one.
Why don't you simply buy the Roland jx1080 then?

Also if you think about the old EMX has the same voice number.
5 synth+5 filter+7 drum+7filter(I count 7 because 6a/6b and 7a/7b choke each other)=24
All the effect are MFX so it doesn't count as voice.
The old ESX has less voice and only 2 part to play "keyboard".

With the new one they open up the restrictions so you can do whatever you want it.
You have S&H modulation which is synced to bpm and behave like a square lfo + random modulation where in the past you had only S&H synced or not.
You got the start/rev point modulation which I'm sure a lot of users didn't explore enough, it's a unique feature, sometimes you can achieve "synth" sound on long sample, ambience stuff or create long tail on certain drum sounds. You can modulate the IFX.
The ESX 2 receive few synth where in the past it was a straight sampler and the EMX 2 has more synth and filter where the old one just the same as the ESX but with drive.
Did you listen to those filter? They really make a difference where in the old one you stuck with that filter, which is good for drums less for synth.
That DIGITAL Filter sounds smooth and better than certain vst.
You go the Kaoss Pad where you can add extra stuff to your beat , you can mute/unmute your MFX, you have to do one by one in the old one.
You have velocity sensitive pad, sure not the best but playable and if you use an external pad controller they really shine.
You got Attack, where's the attack on the old one?
Do I really have to continue?

I'm upset with Korg too but with those sort of comments we can forget about they give a s**t about us. That's why I give up, no because of Korg but for users who complain about no sense stuff.
LM

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a foul mouthed "Debbie Downer".
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often find that people like this who complain about the new electribes simply don't know how to use it.

(That being said, KORG STILL should provide a proper update on the electribe2. There are still features missing or broken after the last update.)
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there's any forum that needed a crying room for distressed children - this one does.

If you cant play it, then give up.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
I often find that people like this who complain about the new electribes simply don't know how to use it.

(That being said, KORG STILL should provide a proper update on the electribe2. There are still features missing or broken after the last update.)

This ^

Absolutely Korg has to fix this .
Anyway they just share another story on Instagram with the Electribe, is there a hope? Because I don't get it then why they share it if not for something about it.

Do you think a new Electribe or a possible update?
mr.s

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think a new Electribe or a possible update?[/quote]

Here’s hoping for a new machine personality

Go on korg and give elektron a run for they’re money!
Travelinni

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
Travelinni wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

I don't get it, people say they want make money...well fix the Electribe and you make huge moneyz is it not cheaper fix a software related stuff then make a new one?

Mate they are.
Not with the electribe range but.
They are apparently focused on the Volca range , don't know about the rest.
Korg can't be bothered with Electribe musicians.

I mean just look at it.

what the f*ck were they thinking?

The new tribes had 2 revamps due to the problems pointed by many.
The grey one apparently you can hack it to become an emx or esx.
They released new versions one in blue and red.
Many customers still complaining about the firmware and that the patterns don't flow and have a gap in between.
So many problems plus the new tribes look so uninspiring , flat , full of disco and pointless disco lights and it's digital.
It sucks.
Now compare that to other tribes that have a more analog approach.
They can be old but they're gold compared to all this new toy crap s**t.

Any Electribe is digital, it's analog emulation man.
The look? It's personal opinion...
You see I think one of the main reason why some company don't give a s**t is for this sort of comments and users.

After going around the web I probably end up like Korg!
Too many kids expect who knows what from a £300 device. Sure Korg support sucks but try to just read the post in this category, my god just kill me.
People that can't do stuff because they don't know how to, asking for unquantize sequencer (it never did it), ask for 8 bar(it doesn't do it) or for stuff that is completely far.
Seriously f*ck that, I have to spend hours to find few users who really make the point...the rest is a waste of time.

the new electribe's digital the other ones are virtual analogue.

as for the rest i agree. i've no problems composing tracks in my em-1 and only has 4 bars.
f*ck the kids , everythings a toy to them or they just buy it because of the f*ck*ng hype record a few shitty youtube videos , get lots of views and then f*ck off ending up selling them or rotting on some corner.
they've no idea how to properly work with the instrument and want my opinion , don't waste time on them. they're all fuckin' idiots.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.s wrote:
Do you think a new Electribe or a possible update?

Here’s hoping for a new machine personality

Go on korg and give elektron a run for they’re money![/quote]

not happening. one word: volca. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

be happy with what you've got or haven't you ever heard less is more?
Travelinni

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
Travelinni wrote:
Poumtschak wrote:
Travelinni wrote:
I mean just look at it.

Sure Korg , 24 voices .

It is!
Seriously ... Face palm

Korg= Liars & Cheaters.

Again another one.
Why don't you simply buy the Roland jx1080 then?

Also if you think about the old EMX has the same voice number.
5 synth+5 filter+7 drum+7filter(I count 7 because 6a/6b and 7a/7b choke each other)=24
All the effect are MFX so it doesn't count as voice.
The old ESX has less voice and only 2 part to play "keyboard".

With the new one they open up the restrictions so you can do whatever you want it.
You have S&H modulation which is synced to bpm and behave like a square lfo + random modulation where in the past you had only S&H synced or not.
You got the start/rev point modulation which I'm sure a lot of users didn't explore enough, it's a unique feature, sometimes you can achieve "synth" sound on long sample, ambience stuff or create long tail on certain drum sounds. You can modulate the IFX.
The ESX 2 receive few synth where in the past it was a straight sampler and the EMX 2 has more synth and filter where the old one just the same as the ESX but with drive.
Did you listen to those filter? They really make a difference where in the old one you stuck with that filter, which is good for drums less for synth.
That DIGITAL Filter sounds smooth and better than certain vst.
You go the Kaoss Pad where you can add extra stuff to your beat , you can mute/unmute your MFX, you have to do one by one in the old one.
You have velocity sensitive pad, sure not the best but playable and if you use an external pad controller they really shine.
You got Attack, where's the attack on the old one?
Do I really have to continue?

I'm upset with Korg too but with those sort of comments we can forget about they give a s**t about us. That's why I give up, no because of Korg but for users who complain about no sense stuff.

why would i buy the 1080 when my electribe is tons better?
no pc , better filters . better sounds. do i need to say more?
There is attack on my one , if you know how to use it.
f*ck kaoss s**t.
The emx1 has all types of filters.
Not interested in electribes 2's.
My electribe only has a LP filter and couldnt care less.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you have zero experience with the E2's - it's all hearsay.

Go, you Goa legend , you!

EDIT:

Great Dazzling Doofsticks, brothers and sisters.

late breaking news set the GOA world to reeling:

"At this moment I think you've all realized I've not inclined to the Goa genre anymore.
I started playing with my musical instrument and became more interested in the acid, techno and house music scenery and in the more underground demoscene movement.
So I've decided to leave this alias, put it back and creating music under my new moniker, The Merchant.
I got to the point where making music with the computer became obsolete and making and playing with a musical instrument is a completely different territory.
Also, the Goa-Trance scene doesn't appeal to me anymore.
So, if you're interested in my new material to feel free to check out my Bandcamp page and you can also find me on youtube.
The material done under this alias will stay up for other people that are looking stuff like this, as for me I'm logging out of this account and I'm not expecting to come back to the Goa genre as I grew tired of it and uninterested in it and more interested in different things.
Thanks. "

https://travelinni.bandcamp.com/track/newz
Travelinni

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:

EDIT:

"At this moment I think you've all realized I've not inclined to the Goa genre anymore.
I started playing with my musical instrument and became more interested in the acid, techno and house music scenery and in the more underground demoscene movement.
So I've decided to leave this alias, put it back and creating music under my new moniker, The Merchant.
I got to the point where making music with the computer became obsolete and making and playing with a musical instrument is a completely different territory.
Also, the Goa-Trance scene doesn't appeal to me anymore.
So, if you're interested in my new material to feel free to check out my Bandcamp page and you can also find me on youtube.
The material done under this alias will stay up for other people that are looking stuff like this, as for me I'm logging out of this account and I'm not expecting to come back to the Goa genre as I grew tired of it and uninterested in it and more interested in different things.
Thanks. "

https://travelinni.bandcamp.com/track/newz

i don't care about the electribe 2.

oh you found my bandcamp! congratulations! since when is the music i make related to the topic regarding to the electribe 2? I don't even have one! Laughing
fuckin' idiot.

hey 1 inch punch , tell me ,are you playing your electribe bruce lee style or what?
dickhead.

Quote:

i never said i had one , DUMBSHIT! Laughing

Quote:

look mr. bruce lee felt the need to put on a show !
Let me get my popcorn!

Travelinni

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ahhmmm did you not just read i don't compose goa-trance anymore or are you blind?

stupid f*ck trying to put on a show so everybody can read ittttttt.
who da f*ck cares boy???????
f*ck off Laughing Cool

hey if you want to promote my music you're welcome to post my new bandcamp page! Laughing
Hey , since you're on it already, why don't you create a new thread and promote my music?
It seems that you were so interested in me that you went googling about me!
So go for it! What are you waiting for?

Last edited by Travelinni on Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: