Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 2019 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProfessorNick wrote:
Conpare it to the specs on the Digitakt which are not great.

Specs are not everything. The Digitakt is a much more polished device with its intricated sequencer and sound engine, and great effects.

The e2 is much easier to use though.
A shame the OS has never been refined enough to feel completed.

Weird design also. Die-cast zinc enclosure for a $400 consumer device, WTF? Rolling Eyes
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
ProfessorNick wrote:
Conpare it to the specs on the Digitakt which are not great.

Specs are not everything. The Digitakt is a much more polished device with its intricated sequencer and sound engine, and great effects.

The e2 is much easier to use though.
A shame the OS has never been refined enough to feel completed.

Weird design also. Die-cast zinc enclosure for a $400 consumer device, WTF? Rolling Eyes

Sure mate but if you look at the specs I really don't understand why Korg give up with this unit. It's almost 2020 and still there isn't a real alternative.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
Sure mate but if you look at the specs I really don't understand why Korg give up with this unit. It's almost 2020 and still there isn't a real alternative.

For $100 more, the Roland MC-101 has an edge on both e2/e2s IMHO.

Rephazer makes good music with one.

https://youtu.be/okglWHE_I5Y
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you actually use one for a month before making that statement - they are very very different devices. Operations that are so effortless on the E2's dont exist.

Scale mode? negative

Folders to store individual samples? negative ( and a big big complaint of all 101/707 users...)

Audio in - negative ( which is really bizarre considering you can assign looper tracks...)

Little editing ability of Synth voices - that's 707 only

No export of anything - samples or the Loops (!!)

No resample.

Import of Samples to the Drum Track requires reset of decay offset to every sample to make sure it plays the whole sample otherwise it truncates.

No copy per part of individual sample/part from the Drum Track to other 'project' clips - its the entire kit or you are creating a new Kit.

No way to rename the Kits you make in the drum track from your imported samples.

yes, there is some very nice stuff happening... but...

They pair together well but my E2s is not going anywhere. The 101 (and 707) is way expensive for what they dont do.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

For $100 more, the Roland MC-101 has an edge on both e2/e2s IMHO.

Rephazer makes good music with one.

https://youtu.be/okglWHE_I5Y

People make records on 1mb sampler, again you look gear in a wrong prospective. As the other guy say the 101 is not even close to the Electribe, Roland nowdays is for DJ not producer and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I can see well integrated in a dj set but for production? Get a volca sample at this point.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
As the other guy say the 101 is not even close to the Electribe

I'd wait a few software update from Roland before making such a statement.

The whole ZEN-core paradigm is interesting as compared to the scarce *cough* paraphonic *cough* sound engine of the e2/e2s, even though the single BMC chip in the 101 seems underpowered to run the XV5080 engine with virtual analog OSC and VCF emulation.

I like my e2 for quick sequencing happy accidents, but it's a PITA to edit afterwards.

Digitakt is in another league of its own, not sure to gel with this one at all.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you get a MC101 or 707 I'll consider your comments qualified.

You obviously haven't been on 101-707 forums - people are spitting about voice stealing there on 707s.

It's a different thang altogether.

And menu diving?

You ain't seen nothing yet

Updates are fantasy until ... they aren't.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:

You obviously haven't been on 101-707 forums - people are spitting about voice stealing there on 707s.

And menu diving?

Don't you find crazy that in 2019 we have voice stealing problem? Back in the day they use to make hardware with up to hundreds of voice
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:

And menu diving?

Don't you find crazy that in 2019 we have voice stealing problem? Back in the day they use to make hardware with up to hundreds of voice
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - same old, same old.

All I would put it down to is protecting other products in their lines within the price point.

but the cost of a 707 showing this issue - that's like, wow. are you serious?

I been sticking with my MC101 to companion with my ES2 - they make a good fit. And I wouldnt get anywhere near the money i paid if i sold it. It seems to be meant for 'old fashioned' music when you look at the sound pallette - and when you look at the vids of jams. Its hardly modern in flavour.

I checked tarekith's 707 video on Drums and Rhythm - I am certain there are differences between the 101 and 70 when he talks about velocity curves and assigning more than one drum instrument/sample to pads. Not on my 101. Smile
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 707 is a joke man. I mean Roland is just making his owm graveyard. I mean image been the company who shape the music in the past, having nostalgia era where people asking them to do the exactly same product so they could easily get the schematic(or whatever they call it) and make again while they work on other stuff. NO! We have to recreate that digitally, giving you small layout without anything new. I truly think the success of this company is true luck, after all their legendary gear fail the purpose they were meant for, it's much more realistic to say people did Roland, Roland did nothing.

Korg is doing kinda doing alright apart for certain gear, like the Electribe 😢
deek311

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please update

Last edited by deek311 on Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
deek311

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 & Sampler update needed Reply with quote

Teenage Engineering is awesome at updating their products. I wish korg was the same way with the electribes Crying or Very sad

Last edited by deek311 on Thu May 21, 2020 3:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
deek311

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 & Sampler update needed Reply with quote

They really need to come out with an update fixing small bugs like when chaining to a different pattern there’s sometimes a small pause in between, and record motion when moving a knob in record armed mode when pattern is paused. Also, maybe change some of the shortcuts like shift+touch scale is the same as shift+pad 5. They should make it so you can pick your own shortcuts on the pads since they’re no labels anyways. These are little things that would make my life easier.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 & Sampler update needed Reply with quote

deek311 wrote:
They really need to come out with an update fixing small bugs

Can't and won't happen. It's 2020, the electribe2 (2014) as a product has reached end of life for quite some times now. Not to mention the worldwide economical recession coming.

1_inch_punch wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I don't own a MC but do have a ZEN-Core based synth. The MC are part of this ecosystem, which I'm monitoring closely, mind you. Not passionate about the whole thing, but it sounds good.

So what's the situation after several firmware updates?
Zenology and patch compatibility are at the corner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: