Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REALLY WEIRD PROBLEM with Keystation 88es + Volca Keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewdsloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: REALLY WEIRD PROBLEM with Keystation 88es + Volca Keys Reply with quote

Hey Korganators,

I recently got my hands on a Volca Keys. I love it, everything on it is working great. The only problem that I have is that when I connect it to my Keystation 88es via a DIN MIDI cable it does not work correctly. The keys of the 88es, pitch bending knob and, modulation knob all trigger the play button of the sequencer on the Volca. Meaning when I adjust a knob the play button is triggered and the sequencer starts playing. If I adjust the knob again the sequencer stops playing. Same goes for the keys of the 88es. Hit a key and it plays, hit another key and it stops.

It is a really strange issue and I cannot find anything online about. It seems like the Volca is recieving the signal but either the 88es is sending the wrong signal or the Volca is not receiving the signal correctly. I am reaching out for help because I have no idea what to do to fix this.

Here are the things I've tried already:

-Factory reset on both machines

-Changing both to different channels

-Setting Volca to receive external clock

-Turning on and off receive RX shortmessage on Volca

-Turning on and off "Midi out from USB" on 88es

My setup is the 88es powered by a AC-DC power supply. The 88es is connected directly to the Volca via a DIN MIDI cable. I do not have anything else plugged into the 88es.

I know that the 88es works becuase I have connected it to my windows laptop running FL studio via USB with no issue. I also know that my Volca works because I have played it on its own using the ribbon a lot. Also I unfortunately do not have another DIN MIDI device to test my Volca or 88es on. Honestly I am most suspicious of the MIDI cable because it was pretty cheap but could it really be causing this kind of issue if it was flawed? The Volca is recieving a signal from the 88es just not the right one? I have no idea whats happening ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
ShoNuff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wdf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

???

try another keyboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: