Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smooth fade-out of multiple tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myuserid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Smooth fade-out of multiple tracks Reply with quote

I'm trying to fade out a song. I know I can adjust volume levels in the piano roll editing screen but it is nearly impossible to get a smooth fade across multiple tracks using this method.

Is there a way (perhaps using the master track or other features of the Krome) to fade-in and fade-out an entire song smoothly? Thanks for your help with this.
jameslol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can record your fader movements to any track. For example: You want to fade down volume on tracks 1 and 2, which loop. You can record their fader movements on track 16 (or any other non-looping MIDI track), even if you already have a sequence on that track. Use OVERDUB, so you don't erase previous data.
If you don't like the recording pass, simply UNDO it (COMPARE button). You can also keep note data and erase just the CC or SYSEX data, using the ERASE MEASURE function.

In TIMBRE/TRACK mode, you can use any track for "mixdown." You can move all 16 fader volumes (and pan knobs) and record every move to a single track, if you want. However, for organizational purposes, it's not a bad idea to record the fader movement to the track it is affecting. That way, if you want to edit per fader, you can just go to that track.

Now, if you were in TONE ADJUST mode (faders assigned to filter, amp, transposition,etc.), you need to record to the same track as the program that you are editing.

If you understand what I said. Sorry because I don't have much time to post a tutorial video for ya.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you not need to adjust the volume manually for each tracks.
All parameters could be translate in the Exclusive message and can be write in a tracks.

I investigate and I find 3 way to fading the song.

1.Record the fading master volume at one track.

Select any track. Set the Overdub rec mode from preferences.
Select the measure from start the fading volume.
Open page P9 MFX/TFX and select the Master Volume.(just touch the master volume to see the value in black).
Start the REC and adjust the master volume as you feel.
The fading volume can be find in the track as Exclusive.
(Open P6 track Edit, open MENU bar and choose Event Edit. Filter the parameters, note, except Exclusive. In that window will find all value changed at each beat thick.)

2. Automatic downgrade the master volume:

Open P6 Track Parameter.
Have the window split in two parts: at left FROM MEASURE , at Right TO MEASURE.
Select the measure from start the Fading volume.
Open MENU bar and choose "Create Exclusive Data"
By default have Univ. Master Volume. if not please select the Univ Master Volume.
Select the start value (16383 is Max)
Select the end value as 0
Now execute.
So between FROM MEASURE XXX at TO MEASURE XXX will have the fading out linear curve.

NOTE!
As well you can create other Exclusive for modify the program parameters, arp parameters , balance, fx parameters in real time.
Please explore the Create Exclusive Data Kind list.
You can change the IFX or MFX during the song. So MFX1 could be delay for verse and reverb for chorus for example.

3. Automatic downgrade the program volume using Create Exclusive Data program volume.
This is useful if need different fade for each tracks.

Hope this help.
Myuserid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jameslol. I can't say I fully understand but I get the idea and will play with it. I did learn how to use the master volume to create a fade and that seems to do the trick for now. Thanks for your post. It's much appreciated.
Myuserid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan, Option 1 worked for me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: