Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 Sampler Keyboard Mode Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Flayer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 Sampler Keyboard Mode Problem Reply with quote

I'm having a problem when I try to play a sample polyphonically in keyboard mode on the ES2.

So, I load a sample of, say, a long sustaining saw wave. I turn on the Amp EG.

In Poly 2 mode, if I play a note (say, E), and then play another note (say, D) before the release time on the first E note has ended, when I hit the second note, it ALSO re-triggers the first E note I had previously hit. Now, if I wait until the amp release on the E note has expired, then when I hit the second (D) note, the E note does not re-trigger. This is weird -- why is it re-triggering the first note? I get that in Poly2 mode, the AMP envelope is supposed to be re-triggered, but the problem is that it's also re-triggering the first note itself.

I tried switching to Poly1 mode, and that gets rid of the re-triggering issue, but the problem is that the AMP doesn't re-trigger, so by the time I hit the second note, it's much quieter because the release is halfway expired.

Is this is a bug with my unit, or is this just one of those flaws with the design of the ES2?
Mind Flayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think I figured out what's probably happening. The sample I made is just a long, continuous waveform. When I have the amp eg on in Poly2 mode, when I hit the second note, it's really NOT re-triggering the note, but instead is just re-triggering the amp envelope on the first note, and because it's just a long, continuous wave form, it SOUNDS like it's re-triggering the first note, but it actually isn't, it's just that the amplitude is simply going back up on the first note.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: