Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha CS-80
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ds80, there you go..
No touch strip
No poly aftertouch?
RKfan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see a ribbon below the buttons in the middle.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure Bachus? I read... Quote: Currently, the keys specs are:

Multi-Timbral 8-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Dual Channels per Voice
Polyphonic Aftertouch,
Ribbon Controller
Patch Memory https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-releases-draft-of-ds-80-synthesizer-designs/ I can see a touch strip/ribbon controller in the images below the tone selector section? And Behringer Facebook showing a CGI image with the main front panel off it's visible there also......

Last edited by D575 on Tue May 07, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if the ribbon and keybed can transmit MIDI (also over USB) so that it can act as a controller with polyphonic aftertouch.
However, I don't see this materializing in stores before 2022.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

Dual Channels per Voice
Polyphonic Aftertouch,
Ribbon Controller
Patch Memory https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-releases-draft-of-ds-80-synthesizer-designs/ I can see a touch strip/ribbon controller in the images below the tone selector section? And Behringer Facebook showing a CGI image with the main front panel off it's visible there also......

No, i was wrong..

Lets see in 3 or 4 years what kind of product it will become..

Rebuilding it is one thing
But improving on it, is another thing.

Like the patchbay, replace that pkease with a modern form of saving and loading patches.. which leaves a lot of room for other things on the surface.. like modulation (matrix)..

Thats the way, it should ve done, take whats good (the whole sound engine is icredible) and improve from there..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

Dual Channels per Voice
Polyphonic Aftertouch,
Ribbon Controller

No, i was wrong..

Lets see in 3 or 4 years what kind of product it will become..

Rebuilding it is one thing
But improving on it, is another thing.

Like the patchbay, replace that pkease with a modern form of saving and loading patches.. which leaves a lot of room for other things on the surface.. like modulation (matrix)..

Thats the way, it should ve done, take whats good (the whole sound engine is icredible) and improve from there..
Devnor

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see Yamaha take the Jupiter 80 approach. Make the best CS 80 they can in software with all it's functions this time and with expanded poly. Then build montage engine around it so the board is useful for other things. Montage CS perhaps.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-releases-updated-images-of-the-developing-ds-80-synthesizer/
ponkine

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not like the new design at all

1- headphones jack placement is wrong. Cable would fall over the last keys
2- The iconic 2 rows of buttons must stay in the center. NOT moved to the right
3- The screen is tiny and the font is unreadable
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-ds-80-round-3-is-uli-getting-the-hang-of-his-cs-80-clone/
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could actually be tempted by this last incarnation.

Now, can we get him to make a 3-keyboard version of the GX-1, and keep it under 2 grand???

Very Happy

..Joe
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A s a CS80 owner, I have to say - that 3rd revision design of the DS80 is _very_ exciting.

The prospect of polyphonic aftertouch should be very exciting to OASYS and Kronos owners - all OASAS/Kronos synth engines are true polyphonic in architecture (for example AL-1 at 80 voice polyphony means, with 4 LFO's per voice - there are actually 320 LFO's running) - so if played through a DS80 - every one of those could be independently controlled on a per-key basis from the DS80 keyboard.

It would unleash an entirely untapped dimension to the OASYS/Kronos (and if Korg were to do one final amazing advancement for Kronos - it would be to release a version with a keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch).

In any case - not only will the DS80 provide CS80 features in an exquisite package - it will, as said, unleash the amazing true-polyphonic nature of OASYS / Kronos (and indeed all modern plugin synths that are similarly designed with true polyphonic architecture) - a very exciting prospect.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Behringer is doing pretty neat things with resurrecting their interpretation of classic synths. There is something pretty exciting about their synth products.

When funds allow, I would certainly get a Deepmind 12, and even a few (more like 6) of the Model D.

I would love to see them bring a Wavetable type synth back as well, namely something from Ensoniq. I would prefer the VFX/SD type clone, but I suspect that if they did it at all, they might pursue something like the Mirage sampler, or the ESQ1...

These are exciting times and I would welcome the new products...

With that being said, I love my Korg products, but the Ensoniq VFX-SD is my favorite synth (next to my Korg PA700).

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: