Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM Tines - The Kronos Equivalent
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLR wrote:
brendanh wrote:

VGSoundtrackGuy I Would also love to see a Kronos pack of these DX/ Dyno Rhodes sounds. I would definitely purchase it, as am sure SLR would too.

I would indeed, but being the impatient sort, I’ve taken the plunge on a Yamaha MODX8. VGSountrackGuy’s stuff, and Audiolounge Urs Wiesendanger’s Rhodes Affair proved too much of a lure.

Excellent purchase. I like MODX8 - their 88 key bed/action feels very good to my fingers. Its on my shopping list for late this year
SLR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, next to the Kronos, the MODX8 is UUUUGLY....but with Rhodes Affair freshly installed ? I just close my eyes. Music heaven !! 😁

Financially, I stretched myself to get the MODX but as it’s payday next Friday, I will be straight over to VGSoundtrack Guy’s site to endulge myself yet again 🤣

I totally agree with you: The MODX8 is an excellent machine indeed. Not wishing to detract from the original post here because I REALLY wish I didn’t have to look elsewhere for what I wanted.

When & if these sounds are ported over to the Kronos, it will the ONLY piece of hardware I would ever need for music production.

Maybe the short to mid-term answer here is to plug the Kronos into a laptop and install VG’s ‘EP Heaven’ (once released) and FM Tines 2. That’s £200 UK compared to the £1330 I just spent on the MODX & Rhodes Affair. Throw in the Rhodes Affair 2 plug-in, and you will never need look any further for these ‘Disney-esque’ sounds.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the Kronos can load DX7 SYSEX files.

There are hundreds of these files on the net. You can even use the free VST Dexed to modify these free files, or use it to create your own. Then just import these into the Kronos and you have all whatever FM sounds you want.

The Kronos can even make those files better. MOD-7 has multimode filters, and you can use polyphonic unison to really fatten up the DX7 sounds.
SLR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
Keep in mind that the Kronos can load DX7 SYSEX files.

There are hundreds of these files on the net. You can even use the free VST Dexed to modify these free files, or use it to create your own. Then just import these into the Kronos and you have all whatever FM sounds you want.

The Kronos can even make those files better. MOD-7 has multimode filters, and you can use polyphonic unison to really fatten up the DX7 sounds.

Yes, this is true. I've loaded hundreds of them with great results. There's no getting away from the fact the Kronos is an absolute monster, but in my personal experience, Yamaha sound designers (in-house or 3rd party) have the upper hand where these 'niche' FM Rhodes hybrid sounds are concerned. It's the ONLY area where the Kronos fails me. Well, that and the boot up time. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: