Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nanokontrol2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themusiclab77

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: nanokontrol2 Reply with quote

Hey forum folks….. just bought a new nanokontrol2…. For sure I’m having fun…

Mostly bought it for cc midi data and have succeeded in using it in that way…..
However, now that I’m able to apply a fader to the vibrato on a string patch, I’d like to take it further
But the documentation leaves me scratching my head….

For instance to use it as just a midi cc controller I had to search the internet for the instructions of
Holding cycle and set together when I plugged it in. That was nowhere in the user manual.

I have been able to set up a Hammond organ patch and assign the drawbars to a slider on the nano2
But the first slider and the 8th slider seem to be permanently dedicated to cc 0 and cc7. also the 8th
Slider controls a volume fader to a track in Logic Pro ???

The editor software is pretty scientific and not very user friendly….. are there presets out there for standard usage?

How can I switch back and forth using the nano2 as a control surface for Logic and a cc midi controller?

Thanks for your help in advance……
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Get some inspiration here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118516.
It's for CuBase but similar things should be available in Logic Pro.

To boot in CC mode, it IS described in the User manual. Refer to Operation Mode/Other DAW software.

CC#7 is one of those CC messages that have a suggested meaning by the MIDI standard: control the volume. So change the CC# number of the 8th slider using the editor (although you indicate it is not working.. Sad) or find in Logic Pro the setting to disable the volume change for CC#7.

I'm afraid that Switching back and forth is only possible by plugging/unplugging the USB cable while holding the right key combination.

I would stick to one mode, but reconfigure in Logic Pro the MIDI routing map for each setup that you use.

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: