Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive - In The Works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRobertKrimson

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive - In The Works Reply with quote

Since there isn't one single sound patch for the Kronos, this is a little something I've been working on for our upcoming presentation, in Combination Mode. No KARMA. No Sequencer. Once I'm done with this little rascal, I should have added the piano, strings and the lead guitar parts of the intro and first verse.

Originally, I used to play this song on a Korg N264 and an N364. The 76 would handle everything except strings and electric guitar for those particular parts. Keith would play a double-neck 12-String Guitar for intro and verses, and then shift to the 6-String for lead and power chords.

Again, this is not the final demo. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/Z9xgmMk-kPc
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice touch with the flange on the noise, makes it a little more spooky.

I also lowered the pitch of the windchimes on my Combi for this song Very Happy

You played the guitar parts well. I didn't think to add that since we had a guitarists do that. My combi focused more on different types of strings. Arco for the part where you used something like a sitar. And lush low strings to fill out the guitar solo. High strings for the part you played at the beginning verse.

Overall, yours sound pretty dang good, especially if it's not done yet. Looking forward to hearing the final one!
MrRobertKrimson

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! I've used up several empty Combination slots already, but hoping I can have it done by the end of the week.

I ended up throwing in the 12-String because I was already playing those instrumental parts with a piano sound on the N264, and since the Kronos can accommodate, I felt compelled to adding it. Once finished, I'll have both options for live use.

Since we're a four-piece band (bass, drums, guitar and keys), I've found ways in the past, to fill in those voids of not having a lead guitarist and a rhythm guitarist. Now, I think I'm going to just try to recreate what I can using the Kronos.

One thing that is disappointing is the fact that only 12 IFX Slots can be used. I'm trying to keep the FX at a bare minimum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: