Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording separate tracks to DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyingtiger

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Recording separate tracks to DAW Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm a new Krome user and love its capabilities. I am a new member to this great forum coming to you from Georgia USA. Thanks in advance for your help.

I would like to record two (or more) tracks to the sequencer and then send them as separate tracks to my DAW. If this topic has already been covered, could you point me in the right direction or assist me on this?

Thanks to all.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news:

It's possible. (MIDI or Audio, in fact, though presumably you'd just use the Krome as a keyboard controller directly into the DAW if you were doing MIDI.)

The bad news:

It's a little fiddly to do it in audio because you'll need to solo each channel in turn and do them in multiple passes. The Krome doesn't have individual outs.

So, in short, compose on the Krome, save your work, solo a track, play the piece while your DAW records, and repeat for each track in turn.
Flyingtiger

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. If I do it in Audio, how do I "synch" the tracks to ensure the timing is correct?
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of possible ways:

First, manually. Hit the "record" and "play" buttons as close in time as you can, and manually fix it in your DAW afterwards.

Second, MIDI. If your DAW can trigger the MIDI playback simultaneously with recording, then that's pretty easy.

But honestly, this sort of audio is the Krome's weakest point, because KORG never intended it to do that.
Flyingtiger

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice and quick response. Make sense to just get it in the DAW and then fix the timing there, as you suggested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: