Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos portability

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nachoseret

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Kronos portability Reply with quote

I currently own a Korg Krome 88 and take it to rehearsals 3 or 4 times a week. The thing is, it's just too big and bulky to carry around comfortably. Moreover, i've come to realize I much prefer semi-weighted keys and miss aftertouch so bad! With all this in mind, I'm about to sell my Krome and buy a Kronos 2 61. However, i'm a bit concerned about portability. Even though the Kronos would fit inside a trunk as opposed to the Krome, I don't always have a car at my disposal. I want to be able to walk to rehearsals with the Kronos inside a gig bag with backpack straps. Any thoughts on whether this board would be a wise choice or i'll regret having bought it after my first commute?
RichChord

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i have a Kronos 2 in the studio, and a Kronos 1 (both 61) for live gigging. I can only really comment on lugging around the Kronos 1 which is the same weight iirc. I use a very sturdy but light Gator deluxe bag to transport it and it's not 'super light' but it's very very doable, even on my back. Just don't go hiking with it and you'll be fine. Cool Thinking of all the benefits you'll have.. the best semi-weighted keys (imo, i have ever had the pleasure of playing), Aftertouch which is also a major plus for me, and ofcourse the rest of this amazing monster of a workstation. And i think it's a go Smile

Just out of curiosity, how far would you need to walk with it?
Tools: Korg Kronos 61(for live) Korg Kronos 2 61(home studio) Korg 01/Wfd (x2), Korg TR Rack, Yamaha MoDX7, Yamaha SY99, Modal Electronics Cobalt 8x, Roland XV-5080, Roland JD-990, Roland A90, Akai MPC X, PC with Ableton Live 11 and all kinds of VST's
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome to the forum. You didn’t mention how far you have to walk to get to practice. I’m not sure if you’re in the USA or somewhere else. The K2-61 weighs about 32 Lbs. I wouldn’t want to carry it very far. But, the K2 is awesome!
nachoseret

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichChord wrote:
Since i have a Kronos 2 in the studio, and a Kronos 1 (both 61) for live gigging. I can only really comment on lugging around the Kronos 1 which is the same weight iirc. I use a very sturdy but light Gator deluxe bag to transport it and it's not 'super light' but it's very very doable, even on my back. Just don't go hiking with it and you'll be fine. Cool Thinking of all the benefits you'll have.. the best semi-weighted keys (imo, i have ever had the pleasure of playing), Aftertouch which is also a major plus for me, and ofcourse the rest of this amazing monster of a workstation. And i think it's a go Smile

Just out of curiosity, how far would you need to walk with it?

Thanks! That reassuring! No further than 10 blocks (~1km). Also, because it's a lot shorter than an 88 key, i think i could easily use public transport to move around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: