Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step/Wave Sequencer help needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeddy 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Step/Wave Sequencer help needed Reply with quote

Hi Kronos Folks,

I am trying to figure out a basic sequence to be played with one key within a combination.

I am trying to create the sequence at the very start of "Female Of The Species" by Space. (before the vibraphone comes in).

Okay, so I managed to programme the notes and play it using the wave sequencer, but alas this sequencer only uses HD-1 sounds and I can't find one suitable.

On the other hand I have found a great EXi (AL-1) sound and have made the necessary steps on the step sequencer. However, when 2 successive notes are the same, they sound as one (ie no break between them). Is this perhaps just the nature of the sound or am I missing a trick.

Thanks in advance,

Jed
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a couple of options, I think.

It sounds like you used the EXi common step sequencer to set note pitch but there is nothing retriggering the amp envelope generator. So you don't get separation between notes with the same pitch. With this approach, you could take an unused LFO, set it to a square wave, tempo sync it, and use that LFO to retrigger the Amp EG.

Another option would be to resample the output of the EXi and create a new HD-1 program with that sound. Then you could use the wave sequence approach you tried initially.
jeddy 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lightbringer,

Many thanks for that, I will try those ideas.

Jed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: