Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing combi/set list slot without stopping Drum track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark1775

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Changing combi/set list slot without stopping Drum track Reply with quote

Hi, I want to use multiple combi's with the same Drum Track under it. The problem is if I change the combi the drum track will stop playing. I want it ongoing for each combi I want to use.

I tried it in Set list as well. No positive result. I hope someone can help to fix this.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for sure, you can do this in SEQ mode.
Mark1775

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway to do it in combi mode?
mrvegas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own a Yamaha Motif and now own a MOXF8 along with my Kronos.

Yamaha has a forum and there is a Yamaha pro that goes by Bad Mister that moderates the forum daily (like this one, it is active but does not have an insane amount of traffic). That guy is the sh*t. Anytime anybody asks a question about HOW to make something happen on a Motif or a Montage or any other workstation, he goes into step by step instruction on how to do it.

There are lots of cool people on here that take the time to peel the onion back and help other people out with issues, but sometimes basic questions like this one just sit unanswered. Does Korg assign anyone to these forums to help us out?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song jumping within a song number
https://youtu.be/TX3lvW_0iR4

Program changes and effect changes within a song number
https://youtu.be/jNnM4Ifx0qY

I also recall tales of putting combis to song tracks and then setting them up in Set list mode.
I would start by setting each combi drum track mode to start immediately and save the combi with drum track on. I guess also try setting the drum track Sync to on.

Set the Combis up in set list mode and for some reason, set list mode is supposed to make it a smoother transition between songs.
I am going by hear-say memory and we all know how that can be, so forgive me if i am mistaken, and also you may end up having to time the set list slot changes to the beat and measure as it plays.

These are the only things i recall reading and seeing about getting what you can out of Kronos for going from one song to another without interrupting the rhythm section too much.

Sequencer is where it is at because automation can be recorded and that can record program changes, effects and more. So you can run a single song and have the programs change or sets of programs(combis) change at any specified time, and do so with effects changes, level changes and whatever.
Of course it is not as quick and easy a setup to get all that done.

I guess if your Combis are slim and use just 2 or three layers, you could try using Combi layer switching via Karma.
https://youtu.be/2OaglzcDoy0
Combi layer switching can let you switch sets of programs within a combi, such that as you play, you press a button and the timbre/tracks change to focus on a different timbre or different set of timbres with layered sounds. All this while the drum track and Karma stay running, uninterrupted. But the effects part and levels do not switch with the layer switching inputs.
Layer switching can be done in Combi mode or sequencer mode.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark1775 wrote:
anyway to do it in combi mode?

No. Karma and Drum Track stop when changing sound. (See "Smooth Sound Transitions" in User's Guide).
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrvegas wrote:
I used to own a Yamaha Motif and now own a MOXF8 along with my Kronos.

Yamaha has a forum and there is a Yamaha pro that goes by Bad Mister that moderates the forum daily (like this one, it is active but does not have an insane amount of traffic). That guy is the sh*t.

es basic questions likut?

BadMIstah is a legend.

Kronos is so bad, no ones brain is big enough to answer every question in step by step detail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: