Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use 3 Factory DVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Use 3 Factory DVD Reply with quote

Hi, I received the "system startup failure" message 4 times and the tech from Sweetwater told me that I have to use the DVD and make a Factory Reset. My concern is that the Kronos that I have is the SE and I don't know if the DVD have the EX's that came with the SE edition. Do you guys think this is a good answer to resolve the "system startup failure" message?. I read that after doing that I have to make other thinks to use the Kronos. I asked for refund but not answer yet...
NormC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the DVDs don't have all the EXs you will be able to download them from Korg's site. Your SE is entitled to certain EXs based on its ID.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Use 3 Factory DVD Reply with quote

jesmanuel wrote:
Hi, I received the "system startup failure" message 4 times and the tech from Sweetwater told me that I have to use the DVD and make a Factory Reset. My concern is that the Kronos that I have is the SE and I don't know if the DVD have the EX's that came with the SE edition. Do you guys think this is a good answer to resolve the "system startup failure" message?. I read that after doing that I have to make other thinks to use the Kronos. I asked for refund but not answer yet...

assuming you have consistent power, it is not " normal ' to get that 'failure ' message 1 time or 4 times on a factory new Kronos.

Any new factory keyboard should work perfect out of the box.

I don't agree with SW 's response on a factory new $3500 keyboard.
cravenhorst

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had the same problem with my SE, and ended up doing the "Full Install" as per Sweetwater's recommendation. The included DVDs do have all the patches and sample data that comes preinstalled on the SE. However, after I completed the reinstallation the default set list was different and none of the SE samples were loaded by default. I had backed up all the factory data before reinstalling and was able to use those files to bring back the factory set list and load all samples by default.

That being said, the reinstallation didn't fix the problem because I had another system startup failure later that day, but I put the SE through about 20 back-to-back power cycles and haven't seen the problem since. Maybe the power switch is a bit noisy from the factory and takes some breaking in before it makes clean contact when switching on, or maybe I've just been lucky these past few weeks.
jesmanuel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject: Kronos Reply with quote

Ummm interesante. The dvds have the new EXs that came with the SE?. Really I dont want to do the full reset because you have to autorized the Kronos again with other steps. Im using right now a UPS but I really I dont want to carry a UPS for every place I us the Kronos. I have a Monatage 7 before, connected to the same outlet and never see any problem. If Yamaha had Montage 73 hammer action I would never sold the it
cravenhorst

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to reauthorize if you do the "Format and Full Install." The "Full Install" will pretty much reinstall everything except the OS, and that includes all PCM data. When I was finished I was able to load the Itialian Grand and KApro samples without needing to install them separately.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try only to re-install latest OS , format is the very last option in a newly calibrated Kronos keyboard !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: