Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RESTART OF 4X On Stage :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: RESTART OF 4X On Stage :( Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Hi KF,
This time i,m realy P - Off Sad
On the stage Live The KB restarted by it self.
WHY! No idea, I was playing a style from Direct bank, And nothing more.

So we all know all this Problems from 4 X, Whats happening? Is KORG On this, Can we get a sollution for this, Or Is a NEW OS on the way???

Perhaps this post may remind you... communication is a balm for your aches. Read how the tenor of this thread changes after Paolo finally acknowledges the issue and mentions a new OS actually is in the works. He doesn’t give any real details, doesn’t make any promises when it’s to arrive. But the little communication he does offer calms things down.

That’s all I’m talking about. ‘We hear you, we’re working on it, here’s how you can help...’ No one expects full disclosure, no one is demanding the devs detail how many hours a day they are putting into the issue. But if Korg and Paolo (and we on the forum!) can’t see how much better the tone gets once he chimes in and shows an awareness of our problems, we aren’t looking at (or remembering) the whole thread.

Confidence in a product, especially a product some may be looking to buy (and naturally coming to this great forum for information!), can easily be influenced by negative threads that are ignored by the manufacturer, even if they are working on the problem behind the scene. This thread is the perfect illustration. Until Paolo joins in it might easily give someone pause.

Roland’s complete and utter disdain for any form of communication with its arranger users may have had a chilling effect on sales and consumer confidence and could possibly account for the collapse of their business in this area. Issues were ignored, never publicly acknowledged, rarely fixed, and if they were, without any input or communication with their users publicly. A PM unless shared on a forum is as good as no news at all.

We need to take this into account. Yes, we already have our arrangers, but others may not, yet. Korg can help a positive attitude with minimal input, and Paolo should take care to notice how this thread and issue improved with positive communication. Should we demand it? No, that’s not the point. Should Korg see the need for it themselves? I think that is rather the point...
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Asena,
I read in other post you had also the Restarting problem with the new os 3.1.0, sorry about that.
After sending agin your set to Korg Italy I assume they investigated and got some results regarding the issue.
What is their conclusion?
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Guys, I had restarting problems from my set file, YES, I had other problems in Song Book etc, Also problems in STS and Sound edit, So i sended my .set file to Korg Italy Team Paolo, and like 10 days later the 3.1 come out, And manny of the problems are solved, BUT stil problems with restart of the KORG Pa4X,
He is the only one that we can have contact with, So its important for us all to have this contact,

in style edit mode, Some times when i chose a DK or another sound, It changes to another one,
And after recording Style if i wanna copy from the style element to another it hanged.

So i have no idea, I,m not working for KORG, i,m just trying to solve it, becouse it helps me to solve it, And of course to all KORG user friends.

I have no idea why KORG Pa 4 X had such as Bugs etc.

I hope they do not know either.

For us all it,s Important to solve this.

We cant wait for an Update
every month

I,m uploading video files to KORG tem now, And i hope this can help to solve this issue
Rolling Eyes

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, Asena. As korghelper says, to those of us who have yet to buy the 4x, this seemingly endless succession of bugs and fixes really is offputting.

I'm pretty much a straight ahead player and don't get into the depths like many others on here. It's great that you and others here do go deep and that you're able to present detailed accounts of the problems to Paolo.

You guys, take a bow. You are doing a real service here. Keep it up.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner Thank you,

we will fix this together, Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Tom04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading all the threads about the restart and pad sync problem with interest. I have 2 devices (PA4X Musikant) and none of the problems described. And yes, I work with the devices and earn money with it. When I bought the PA4X, before I played Tyros, I think I was well informed and deliberately chose a PA4X ( as it is ) instead of the Genos . Before, I also read the forums and knew of one or the other issue. But I want to see the one who says I have the absolute (error free) device. It's all relative and a question of weighting, what really bothers me and what can I compensate. If it bothers me too much, I do not buy the device, or sell it, immediately !! Finally, I want to earn money.
Concretely again to the described errors. If I had two crashes at gigs, the device would be at my dealer the next day and I will get a loaner from him. If the error occurs, the dealer has a problem, and secondly, I myself.
I hope, of course, that the case does not occur, but apart from the criticism that something like that should not happen, I can not understand some of the jamming. I know, what I (and others) would want in a new PA5X or another PA4X update ( as everyone can see in the wishlists ), but I have to work with that one, I have bought. And until yet, even after the GENOS update, I would again choose the PA4X. Maybe in the future it could be another brand, but I don't believe that the arranger market expands further in a way that some of us wish.
So slow down, keep making music, and in case of having serious problems (like restart ) you have to weight, return to your dealer, switch back to a stable OS, compensate wait for a new update - give details to Korg for their error-management, or sell !!!
Just my 50cent.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling seems something of an overreaction if simply rolling back to an OS prior to the problem will suffice.

One of your issues is going to be, what alternatives do you have? From reading about these issues, it seems like they are apparently confined to those using samples extensively (with the exception of the pad sync issue) and what other arranger has even close to the PA4X’s capabilities or available content? Particularly for sampler users using ethnic music and sounds, Korg’s kinda your only option. Yamaha don’t really offer much in this area, Roland next to none (unless the EA7’s ROM sounds and styles fit your needs out of the box), Ketron very little.

So, sell your Korg, what else you going to use???

Roll back if you have to, limit your editing sessions to shorter times (save and restart more often) reload your sampler data in smaller chunks (reports seem to indicate an issue with sample sizes that 2.2 used to handle ok), take a little longer pressing edit buttons, do whatever it takes... Trust me, that’s going to be a LOT easier than moving to a different brand arranger with far less capability..!

If the pad sync is your main gripe, 2.2 solves it, until Korg fix the underlying problem. In fact, 2.2 solves most issues... has v3 added anything you absolutely need? You did okay without it for 3 years or so!
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but has anybody checked time of day of problems?

Europe has been going through some extreme heat wave issues. This tends to drop line voltages as demand for air conditioning soars above normal capacity. Have you been keeping an eye on line voltages, and has anyone noticed a trend for issues at peak demand times?
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

Korghelper: about your last post, i - unfortunately - live in a country where energy fluctuates all time.- So i use an strong UPS to avoid any issue on my keyboards and mixers.- As a Korg user since last 20 years, i learn that capacitors suffers that fluctuation (and in my case when capacitors blown up damage motherboard), so never use my keboards conected directly to wall socket.-

And finally about restart issue, i experiment it on last rehearsal, so reinstall OS 2.2 till bugs becomes fixed.- Embarassed
Regards
Eduardo
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all great information, however could we please continue the topic here:-
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119091

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: