Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedal / Footswitch setting on Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arielperez64

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Pedal / Footswitch setting on Kronos Reply with quote

I’m new to Kronos.

I am interested in setting up the following:
1- Damper pedal for sustain. This works. I have a pedal plugged into damper and sustain works.

2- Footswitch Program up. I have a Boss FS5U plugged into Switch port and setup for Program Up. This also works to go up on Set List, com is, etc.

3- Footswitch Change Karma Scenes. I’d like to setup a second Boss FS5U plugged into Pedal port to change Karma Scenes while the other 2 pedals do the functions listed in 1 and 2 above.

How do I setup Kronos to do all three functions?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Assignable Switch pedal input expects an on or off signal as its input, the Damper pedal is "semi" analogue, in that it will recognise half-damper position in pedals that are so enabled, whilst the Assignable Pedal input is essentially an analogue input, from which the Kronos generates CC# values based on expression pedal input position.

There is no way for the user to usefully directly map the Karma Scene switches to any Karma Scene up/down behaviour via the pedal inputs. Although it is possible to use an expression pedal to vary the Karma Scene in an "analogue" manner, all the action happens at one end of the pedal travel, making it almost impossible to use in practice. However, the Karma Scenes can be altered by values sent by a CC# controller connected to the Kronos MIDI In, so it should be possible using an external MIDI source e.g. suitable MIDI pedal board to send e.g. CC#30,0 to set Karma Scene 1, CC#30,1 to set Karma Scene 2, and so on.

yeskeys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you can do a ton with the right pedal.

I use a sustain pedal as the damper, and a small roland to step up through the programs sequentially.

THEN - I use a Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controller. Though I use it with my M3, it should work on Kronos as well as Kronos can be configured just like the M3.
I assgned CCs for the floor switches. They trigger each of the eight "pads" on the Korg. I assigned another one to start/stop Karma, and the tenth one to turn latch on and off. This way I can play a lot of chords/phrases with my feet while playing guitar. Then, I use the pedal to sweep through the eight different KARMA scenes. It scales so that a one-eighth travel on the pedal changes scenes. The pedal is "divided" into 8 values across its entire travel.

This system works so well that I have it on both of my Korg M3s, I'm so new to Kronos that I haven't assigned the CC's yet, but I have a gig Friday where I'm going to use it.
arielperez64

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Kronos pedal setup Reply with quote

Thank you both for your input. Yes keys, pls let me know how you made out on the Kronos setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: