Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi To Style Creator PA700 & PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwc uk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Midi To Style Creator PA700 & PA1000 Reply with quote

Interested how good the Midi To Style Creator PA700 & PA1000
I understand that after conversion some tweaking will be required.

I have Tyros and interested in purchase PA700 or PA1000. Yamaha stylename.sty can be renamed stylename.mid so in practice should load into the Korg for conversion to Korg style.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Tyros the PA1000 will probably be better for you as there are more features as standard within it.

The MIDI conversion works well but the system does a best guess on the instrument sound so a degree of tweaking may well be required.

If the Yamaha MIDI plays in a DAW then the PA should convert it but the PA will also simply play the MIDI as a MIDI.

Read up on creating a Direct folder on a USB drive and use that folder as the source ie its where you save the the converted MIDI Style files to to save on filling up the PA memory.

Useful to do this as there is a mass of Free add ons, type Korg Bonusware in Google for the link, there is currently c35 Style packs alone that are available for Korg models.
gwc uk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles. Reply appreciated. I see from your profile you have the PA700.
Past years I have used and still own Tyros 2 + NP30 Twinset
Not managed to see a PA700 or PA1000 locally, I did view the Yammy PSR S775 but disliked the keybed and rubber buttons.

Difficult to put key feel into words but still interested in your feedback.

Graham in Lincoln.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to far away from you is PMT in Nottingham where you should be able to get hands on and play a Korg, just give them a call to see if they either have one on demo or can get one.

I am lucky I have two stores within 15 minutes of me that have Korg and Yamaha arrangers on display.

I played a PA700 and a Yamaha 775 back to back and the difference was huge the Yamaha felt and sounded like an E series model.

Same thing when I played a PA1000 and an S975, the Yamaha cheap and nasty feel of materials, its piano sounds were slightly better than the Korg. But Korgs do need to be tweaked slightly as they can sound a bit flat, a bit of Eq solves the issue.

Hence I walked out with the 700 which does me fine but I wish the keybed was better.

Personally if I was in the market for a PA1000 then I would save up some more and get the PA4X, it is in another league.

Hope this helps.

BTW
If you want to pm me then I will give you me email and you can send me one of your Stlye MIDI files and I will load it on my 700 to see what happens.
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for message Graham, nice to hear from you. Only had the Pa1000 a couple of months and have just enjoyed playing it. The sound quality is excellent which is important to me. A smaller version of my Pa4X but still well built.

No I have not done Midi to Style Convertor yet but can`t wait to do so now that I have seen the posts. I have posted a few times ref. quality Midi Files to download (for Pa4X) but did not get much of a response. Will try again and get back to you hopefully.

Looks like the better the quality of the Midi File the better results and less tweaking required ? As stated in the manuals. You can`t make a silk purse out of a sows ear ?

Will play around with it if I can download some decent Midi Files.

Dylan
gwc uk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi. Only recently joined this excellent forum and already getting so helpful feedback from members. Excuse me if I have already mentioned that Yamaha Styles are in fact Midi files so by renaming the style name.sty To Style name.mid should make it more acceptable to the style conversion process.
One member has tried this with limited success.

Being home player, Past 12 years I have used Tyros 2 + NP30 Twinset as lower (Organ type layout)
I have owned KORG before and did have their first arranger i3 then i30...PA50...PA800 so decided it's time to use KORG again so looking at PA700 or PA1000 not if the sound quality is different between them. 700 is best value but I'm wanting after-touch which I'm used to. I'm hoping to see both locally this week to check out their keybed feel. PA4X has an excellent keybed.

Today I viewed Korg Webinar Video's about the PC Song Book Editor which looks very good and just downloaded a free copy for installing.

Graham in Lincoln.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: