Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion for an ElectribePRO. Hello Korg, lets work x5 !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bg12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for an ElectribePRO. Hello Korg, lets work x5 ! Reply with quote

Hi, I hope moderators can reach to this.
In advance thank you for your time.

I use any electribe to sequence different samples in ableton live, in 96khz.

When I select an instrument on the electribe, I can control multiple vsts (96khz quality + desktop cpu) on that instrument in ableton.
(older electribe, using midipipe, the nrpn messages becomes CC)

So you get 8-16 CC on each instrument just by selecting it.
When you add on this the motion sequences.. you can imagine.
CC can even become CV for modulars, etc (...Max4Live).

But still, this beeing said and now known, it is complicated to change ableton samples with this magic.

Multiple outputs would be the perfect finishing.
No more ableton s 96khz samples but infinite effects (vsts 44-192khz), manually or motionsequence controlled.
As the vst would act directly on the sampler outputs.

So it is a ElectribePRO + Ableton Laptop setup dream.

Add on this 1 or 2 correct polyphonic midi instrument (not as in the "new" electribe 2, more like in the Pyramid) and you can get some of my money.

Maybe I should gather technical ppls and build that Machine, but Korg already have them. Could Korg build this please ?

Resumed :

(Changes to Esx1 or Electribe 2 Sampler workflows...)

8 sample based Parts + 2 (working) Polyphonic synths (midi) Parts
8 individual outputs

PS : If anyone knows how to hack an Esx in order to get individual outputs, please contact me. If anyone is willing to work on this with me, do the same.

Once again, thank you for your time.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea but it's not in the nature of an Electribe.
It should be a fast and fun box where you can finish a track just playing with it.
Individual output are really something I want on any groove box, it can open a lot of possibility with effects but at the same time it force you to open a DAW otherwise you don't have the full potential. I would prefer a version with 4 1/4 jack sub so I can easily hook up to a mixer or if I want open my DAW and stream through my audio interface.

Again nice idea but for another product, I would not feel I:m using an Electribe after all and I owned an ESX1 and I currently have an E2S
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A supertribe/electribe pro/whatever sounds rather like a Synthstrom Deluge.

They could easily build a competitor to that. Take an electribe, build a song/arranger mode on top of the pattern sequencing, add more polyphony and effects options.

Multiple outs would be nice for people with multitrack recorders, or who want to enable live sound engineers to handle multiple sound levels, but aren't essential in my view. For someone working at home on a track from one box, it's pretty much unnecessary.
Bg12

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see good reverb on this machine, nice delay on that machine, effects looks like the weak point on the market s boxes.

As I wrote, most of the potentiometers on an Electribe s part can store and modify external vsts with some routings.
Limited effects per part and quality on a machine would be a thing of the past.

It could be Electribe + Eurorack effects with few tweakings.

This is a sound quality in live set matter of question (live sets is to me mostly the same as exploration and production at home).

Midi to cv Tools are costy in the shops, but not that much to build.
Bg12

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
Nice idea but it's not in the nature of an Electribe.
It should be a fast and fun box where you can finish a track just playing with it.
Individual output are really something I want on any groove box, it can open a lot of possibility with effects but at the same time it force you to open a DAW otherwise you don't have the full potential. I would prefer a version with 4 1/4 jack sub so I can easily hook up to a mixer or if I want open my DAW and stream through my audio interface.

Again nice idea but for another product, I would not feel I:m using an Electribe after all and I owned an ESX1 and I currently have an E2S

In many machines (Vermona drms, Mfbs..) you get separate outputs only by inserting a jack in the output you want to separate.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:

Multiple outs would be nice for people with multitrack recorders, or who want to enable live sound engineers to handle multiple sound levels, but aren't essential in my view. For someone working at home on a track from one box, it's pretty much unnecessary.

Multiple output allow to record in your DAW an mix it because you can't mix in a box as you can do in a DAW. Also it allow to add any effects from where you want it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: