Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bringing original Kronos up to Kronos2 configuration...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Bringing original Kronos up to Kronos2 configuration... Reply with quote

I got a used Kronos that has upgraded RAM (equal to 3G) and a second SSD (another 30 Gig), so I guess it's equivalent to a Kronos X(?).
I installed the latest OS 3.1.3.

Sometimes I'll come across situations where I get the "Samples not loaded" at the top of my screen, and when I use the dropdown to "Load required samples" it is looking for a sample, such as - here's an example:
Smp: Old RAM mono MS:92

and at the bottom of the screen it says, in red text:
KSC is incomplete due to uninstalled EXs Smp: Old RAM

What can I do, or is it possible, to get this Kronos up to date, so that it's just like a Kronos 2? I have 2 DVDs that the seller sent with the unit and I've reviewed a PDF to restore everything, but that will only get me back to the original Kronos specs.

Thanks!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the original Kronos , from 8 yrs ago, you also need the " New Kronos Sound Pack " from Korg to be equal to the Kronos 2, from 2015.

from Jan 19, 2015:

Dear KRONOS user,

Korg is pleased to announce the "New KRONOS Sound Pack" for the current KRONOS users.

New KRONOS Sound Pack (normally $299, introductory price of $249)

The "New KRONOS Sound Pack" includes the following new KRONOS Sound Libraries, as featured in the new KRONOS:

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0

The ”New KRONOS Sound Pack" adds these fresh new sounds to the KRONOS and KRONOS X.

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0129/
https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
Contents: Approximately 8.6GB of PCM samples, 16 Piano Types.

One of the three great pianos of the world, this legendary instrument from Berlin has been captured for the SGX‐2 sound engine. The KRONOS piano engine has always offered huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples, recorded for every key, with additional unique tools to customize the piano to your needs. Inheriting all of this SGX-1 functionality, the new enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano engine introduces the new Berlin Grand Piano, including 12 velocity zones, Sympathetic String Resonance and newly-recorded Una Corda (soft pedal - literally "one-string")
The EXs17 Berlin Grand Piano offers resonant piano sound with striking sense of depth.

• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
Contents: Approximately 900MB of PCM samples, 93 Multisamples (42 stereo)

EXs18 contains a selection of string, choir and brass sounds from the three KORG EXs titles listed below.
・ EXs11 Legendary Strings
・ EXs15 Classical and Ambient Choir
・ EXs16 Funk and Soul Brass

• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0
Contents: 256 Programs, 32 Combinations, 13 Wavesequences, 1 Set List

KRS-07 provides new Programs which use the samples from EXs17 and EXs18. Additional Song Programs are named for the classic rock and pop songs whose signature keyboard sounds these programs recreate. Use these universally well-known sounds to pay homage to the originals, or as the basis for personal sonic explorations.

EXs17 and EXs18 demo versions and authorization codes
As always, you can download and try out all EXs libraries for free. Initially, they will work in demo mode. You'll be able to play, edit, and save Programs, Combis, Wave Sequences, and Songs which use the new samples - but until you purchase an authorization code, their sound will fade out periodically. To purchase an authorization code, go to the online shop at https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries. Once the "New KRONOS Sound Pack" purchased, entering the authorization code into the KRONOS removes the audio limitations of demo mode - no additional downloads required.

KRS-07 is available for download only after purchasing the “New KRONOS Sound Pack.” Pre-purchase demo mode is not available for KRS-07.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some hardware differences...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: