Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Monologue and Minilogue Updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Korg Monologue and Minilogue Updates Reply with quote

Korg has released major updates to the Minilogue & Monologue.

What’s new with Monologue 2.0:

- Support for active step feature
- New microtuning presets DC001-DC003 (as on minilogue xd)
- Display original value
- New slider range parameter
- Option to turn off oscilloscope display
- Increased granularity of MIDI filter setting
- Support for MIDI set position messages
- Misc bug fixes

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0628/

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/733/

What’s new with Minilogue 2.0:

- Support for microtuning feature (as on Minilogue XD)
- Display original value
- New slider range parameter
- Increased granularity of MIDI filter setting
- Support for key trig feature (as on Monologue)
- Unified motion view display with Minilogue XD
- Support for MIDI set position messages
- Misc bug fixes

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/062802/

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/544/

Unfortunately download links seem to be down at this moment. Apparently no one at Korg seemed to realize that there would be a surge in traffic due to this announcement.
jfmagnet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this the page is in japanese but the download is in english

https://www.korg.com/jp/support/download/software/0/733/3525/

direct link

https://cdn.korg.com/jp/support/download/files/b6a9f3ba9d3ed67c1375c140d40637af.zip?response-content-disposition=attachment%3Bfilename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27monologue_Updater_0200_win.zip&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream%3B

Last edited by jfmagnet on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
LM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Kozmos2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanx for that info Smile

us. links working fine .. today
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how they made the original value, the arrow makes it really easy.
I'm abusing the slider range, modulate VCO 1 Pitch with a small percentage in RING mod is so nice for evolving pad.
bucmo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: saved my minilogue (indirectly) Reply with quote

I actually had my minilogue boxed up and ready to sell. I liked it okay, but I didn't end up using it much. When I saw the news about the firmware update, I thought I'd give it a try; if nothing else, it might sell better with the latest firmware...

I do like the update. I'll probably explore microtonal some, as I've been interested for years. I also like the original value (and arrows), and the key-trig...

But what really changed my mind was the Analogue Vintage sound pack, which apparently has been available since 3/2019, but I never heard about it. Now I realize my minilogue can sound like a Moog or an Oberheim! I've long been underwhelmed with the minilogue presets; I've tried to tweak it myself, but never gotten anything like Toby Baker's patches.

I've decided to keep my minilogue!
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: saved my minilogue (indirectly) Reply with quote

bucmo wrote:
I actually had my minilogue boxed up and ready to sell. I liked it okay, but I didn't end up using it much. When I saw the news about the firmware update, I thought I'd give it a try; if nothing else, it might sell better with the latest firmware...

I do like the update. I'll probably explore microtonal some, as I've been interested for years. I also like the original value (and arrows), and the key-trig...

But what really changed my mind was the Analogue Vintage sound pack, which apparently has been available since 3/2019, but I never heard about it. Now I realize my minilogue can sound like a Moog or an Oberheim! I've long been underwhelmed with the minilogue presets; I've tried to tweak it myself, but never gotten anything like Toby Baker's patches.

I've decided to keep my minilogue!

As you see from the patches you have to work on your synth to get what you want. Sometimes is easy sometimes is not, you just to spend time with a synth.
synthpeter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Monologue update using the instructions included in the firmware update download. In the end, it worked, but the instructions in the Windows 7 download miss one step if this is the first time you connect the Monologue to your laptop.

The instruction tells to install the usb-midi driver first (I used DrvTools_1_15_r29.exe), and then to connect and power up the Monologue while pressing buttons 14 and 16. If you now run the kmupdate.exe, it will complain that there is no MIDI port.

What's missing, is that after installing the usb-midi driver, Windows first needs to install the Monologue device: switch off the Monologue, then connect and power up the Monologue without pressing any buttons. Windows will then install the device. You can see its progress in the system tray, where it shows the device installer icon. Wait until it is ready. Then switch off the Monologue and continue with step 1 from the instructions.
lidserter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip Peter, thanks for sharing.
I'm quite excited on this update, kinda anxious since I'm currently far from my monologue. What I don't understand is the "active step feature", what's that?

Regards,
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
I'm quite excited on this update, kinda anxious since I'm currently far from my monologue. What I don't understand is the "active step feature", what's that?

Regards,
JJ

The words doesn't say anything to you?
Active step, you decide what step are active and the one deactivated will get jumped.

Does somebody really have to explain this? OMG
synthpeter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:

Regards,
JJ

Active step gives you the possibility to skip steps in the sequence, allowing for a greater variation in your sequences. You can even jump straight into the middle of your sequence, or alternate between two parts. Using the feature twice on skipped steps re-activates them again. Side effect of skipping steps is that the length of the sequence changes.

It's a bit of a misnomer though, as you basically dis-activate steps..
lidserter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Peter! I thought it could be that, but I needed more information. It doesn't insert silences so.

Regards
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
synthpeter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
Thank you Peter! I thought it could be that, but I needed more information. It doesn't insert silences so.

Regards
JJ

Correct, although that also still works as it did before, so if you want then you can combine the two effects. But if you have a swing % set, then weird things can happen if you skip an odd number of steps.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on 1.21 can I jump right to the newest or do they need to be installed in order? Thanks!
synthpeter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I'm still on 1.21 can I jump right to the newest or do they need to be installed in order? Thanks!

There is no mention of such a requirement in the installation guide, so there seems no reason to not jump straight to the latest version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: