Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error causing kronos to freeze up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zikerstu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Error causing kronos to freeze up Reply with quote

Im gettin a reoccurring ertor message that says "An eoor has been detected. Please shut off the unit for 10 seconds and turn it back on again." 5 times at a live show! Any advice on this issue?
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Error causing kronos to freeze up Reply with quote

Zikerstu wrote:
Im gettin a reoccurring ertor message that says "An eoor has been detected. Please shut off the unit for 10 seconds and turn it back on again." 5 times at a live show! Any advice on this issue?

What happenned after your live show (at home) ? Did it work normally ?
Zikerstu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called my contact at Sweetwater who patched me through to the service tech. They only heard of one similar issue and said to try reinstalling the latest firmware. I didand left the unit on for about an hour. No issues. Played the next gig that same night and it seized up on me again twice.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power fluctuations can cause strange symptoms. Are you using a surge protector?

Also, if the error occurs, try hitting the COMPARE or EXIT buttons, or switching modes and back again if it lets you. Just to get through a show, not as a cure.

Other than that, it sounds like you might have some corrupted files. You may need to backup the Kronos onto a USB stick and re-install. Hopefully Sweetwater tech support gets you through this.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try to remove and put back the sata cable and power and also the motherboard ram modules carefully.
A wrong connection on any of these could cause the problem.
This problem is like the blue screen of death of windows and as kronos is basically a pc running a custom linux version the problems are similar.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Zikerstu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im using agood power conditioner. I trid to bsck my files up but theKronos doesnt read the externsl hard drive now. I got a new message today saying thst a problem was detected possibly from power cycling too quickly! Turn it off wsit wo secs etc! Weeeee#
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Error causing kronos to freeze up Reply with quote

Zikerstu wrote:

as you can see, it could be 10 different reasons.

When I see Florida in summer, I think heat.

Kronos does not like high temps and direct sun light.

Thats my 1st question.
Zikerstu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ot can be a heater here in fla. I always keep my gear out of direct sunlight and have a shop fan dedicated for my keyboards. Humidity is also an unstoppable factor. Its year 4 with the Kronos and it just started getting pissed this week. If I figurr out the issue, I'll post it soon as I know. Thanks everuone for all the help and suggestions. Worse case I'll take into the shop Monday.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy question ;

I can't determine if you have the Original Kronos[2011], and is totally updated

or if you have the Kronos 2 model, that was available January 2015.
Zikerstu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos 2 in which I purchased in January 2015!
Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a possibility that you ( and many more in this forum who faced same symptoms ) are experiencing False Trips of Over Voltage Protection (OVP).
It happen to me once, and in my case I have concluded that it was indeed a false-trip of OVP.
In that case the solution is to replace Kronos power supply (hopefully will have a better components, etc…), or to set the OVP to slightly higher level.
Curiously Kronos power supply have only 1 year warranty, and in fact if it’s quality should have 5.
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Error causing kronos to freeze up Reply with quote

Zikerstu wrote:

Happened to me several times during my KronosX history. Noticed, that if it happened once, then sooner or later it started to happen again. As suggested in this forum I opened Kronos (removed bottom lid), reseated (also cleaned pins) memory chips and checked other possibly loose connectors (did not dig any deeper than visible after removing bottom plate). Also noticed that such hiccups happened rather during the periods when I carried my KronosX around to gigs and not so much when Kronos was stanging firm in my studio.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zikerstu wrote:
Kronos 2 in which I purchased in January 2015!

very good. I noticed more similar complaints with the Kronos 2 vs the original Kronos.

of course, the K2 has been selling strongly since its intro= so the complaints could be a factor of many more K2 units out there.

I believe Kronos is not a keyboard you can bang around , while gigging. Even wheeling it on a hand truck will introduce vibration to its components.

If I were you, since you gig, be extra careful how you transport your K2 and set it up/break it down.

In addition, I also agree with many here- power , lack of it, irregular power is a likely culprit. If your Kronos is plugged into the same power source as your guitar payers four 200 watt Marshall stack , that battle for power will effect your Kronos.

Have reliable non competitive power sources. Use your UPS. See if this reduces the problem to Zero.

If not, the K2's internal power supply is suspicious.

I am disappointed to read how your Sweet Water tech rep was not more thorough on diagnosis . There is a record of similar problems . Not awful but well reported on this forum and the Facebook site.
Zikerstu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwatet is contacting Korg to see if they can peovide any assistance on the issue. Hopefully I'll hear something by Monday. I removed the bottom cover and checked all the cables and connections and cleaned it out with some canned air and a clean rag etc. I did get the kronos to recognize the external hard drive and successfully backed everything up. I'm wondering if maybe the fan took a dump and its overheating?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zikerstu wrote:
Sweetwatet is contacting Korg to see if they can peovide any assistance on the issue. Hopefully I'll hear something by Monday. I removed the bottom cover and checked all the cables and connections and cleaned it out with some canned air and a clean rag etc. I did get the kronos to recognize the external hard drive and successfully backed everything up. I'm wondering if maybe the fan took a dump and its overheating?

I think the fan setting is ' auto ' for the K2.

If the fan is faulty, you will notice that the chassis is more than warm by the power supply. Thats the clue IMO.

Yes, if the fan is not working, your K2 will shut down due to high temp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: