Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FL Studio 20 and Korg Kronos; Only getting General Midi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihoteph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: FL Studio 20 and Korg Kronos; Only getting General Midi Reply with quote

Hi all!
I would like to use a DAW with the Korg Kronos and am trying out FL Studio 20. After a HUGE mess with Win10/1903 and some registry hacking I got FL Studio to use the Korg Midi IN / OUT as well as USB Audio IN so I can record tracks etc.

Now; When I try to use the "Midi Out" plugin (assigned to channel 1) I cannot make it do a bank change.
The bank is ALWAYS General Midi (bank I-G).
Program (0..127) selects works.

There is a MSB/LSB bank selector in the "Midi Out" window, it does nothing. Also tried to bind controllers to CC0 and send 0, CC32 and send bank-id. This also does nothing. Installed the "ctrlr" VST plugin and assigned a CC send, this also does not work.

On Kronos side I have "KORG" selected under Global/Basic/BankMap and everything is checked under Global/Midi/Enable Program Change.

It is like its locked to "General Midi" when the Kronos receives MIDI data.
Any ideas? I really do not want to have to record my tracks as Audio..
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try to determine exactly what MIDI is being sent. Is it the Kronos or FL Studio at fault?

What MIDI messages do you see when you send directly from FL Studio to MIDI-OX?
Nihoteph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi-OX does not work for me because Win10 1903 messed up the 32-bit midi driver somehow. I use something called pocket midi instead (freeware from MS store) that handles 64-bit, quite decent little

Since I wrote I have had some progress! Inside FL Studio you assign a "Port" number to the MIDI device, I had MS Midi driver assigned to 0 and the Kronos to 1.

However; it appears that the MIDI was ALWAYS sent to the MS driver even if I set "MIDI OUT" to use port 1 (I remember I tried 2 also before and same thing).

Now I changed the Kronos port number to 6, and suddenly it works! There must be some kind of weird numbering conflict going on inside FL or it is my messed up MIDI drivers again.

Now FL DOES send the bank! yay!
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear. Now the adventure begins...
Nihoteph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, thank you!

Now I am struggling to get FL to record pitch bends (it does send them at least if you create them in the GUI). But I guess its solvable somehow, this problem is way smaller Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: