Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems Report for Pa1000/Pa700 (no wish-lists)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Problems Report for Pa1000/Pa700 (no wish-lists) Reply with quote

I was wondering if we can have a Problems Report sticky thread for Pa1000 and Pa700.
Would be appreciated.

Last edited by BR on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish-List and Problems Report sticky thread for Pa1000/P Reply with quote

BR wrote:
I was wondering if we can have a Wish-Lists and Problems Report sticky thread for Pa1000 and Pa700.
Would be appreciated.

Problem:
Songbook with sb-entry-type style causes bumpy interruptions of sound in realtime-tracks with running styles by sb-selection with "StyleToKbd"=Off.
With StyleToKbd indicator is OFF sb-selection with entry-type style explicit should NOT SELECT an unintentional KbdSet automatically!
Styles in songbooks tile view and set list can not be selected successively without KbdSet changes automatically. Pa1000 disrupts playing realtime-sounds by loading KdbSet#1, so Songbooks does not allow to keep the current KeyboardSet as is done in StylePlay.
It is asked for OS correction.

Wish:
Keyboard Sets Lock added (like Pa4x with [3.0])
A Keyboard Set 1-4 lock added to the Global > General Controls > Lock Control page.
When this lock is closed, the four currently selected Keyboard Sets are preserved, when choosing a different Style or SongBook Entry.
With this lock open, selecting a Style or SongBook Entry will select the four Keyboard Sets they contain.
Add / reimplement dynamic FillMode (like Pa4x with [1.2])
Fill Mode parameters added to the Style Play > Style Controls > Drum/Fill page.
Fill Mode parameters allow for automatically choosing a Variation at the end of each Fill, triggerd with FILL or BREAK buttons.
These settings can be saved to the Style Settings or a SongBook Entry, so you can have a different Fill Mode configuration for each Style or SongBook Entry.
Locking the Fill Mode (like Pa4x Version [1.2] ).
Assignable-Switches - add funktion to trigger Fill-Ins manually
(Fill-In1, Fill-In2, Fill-In3, Fill-In4)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 pm; edited 11 times in total
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a problem in that the Line In level is much softer than the MIC/Guitar input levels. Can the Line In level be raised higher than the 100% level that is there? That is why some people will use the MIC/Guitar input selection instead of the Line In selection. There is more gain in the MIC/Guitar input selection than the Line In selection.

If I use the Line In option to plug in another keyboard, I have to set the Balance to where the internal sounds on the PA700 are at about 25% in order to match the Line In volume level from the other keyboard (even when the other keyboard is at max volume - switching from the line outs to the headphone output on the other keyboard makes no difference). Using the Line In option allows for the other keyboard to be in stereo. If I use the MIC/Guitar input selection the input signal is reduced to MONO and I have to add a Chorus effect to make it quasi-stereo and that can produce undesirable artifacts on the external unit being plugged into the PA700.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC

Last edited by Musicwithharry on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Pete,
I wanted to know if it's possible to make a sticky topic here in Pa1000/Pa700 section about Problem Report regarding Pa1000 and Pa700.
It would help the users to report issues in one place and would help Korg team to see easily the reports, like we have in Pa4X section.

Would appreciate it.
Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
gwc uk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the KBD Set button active, each variation selected auto changes the next OTS voice.
There is a delay even after next bar has started for the next OTS to sound.

Way around this is to touch any of the on screen 4 keysets.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about Pa1000, OS v 1.3.1

I have some saved styles with their setup (Tempo, Master Effects, Style Volume Tracks, etc...) in User areas
and they sound and play correctly until I navigate through some other styles and when get back to select randomly
another style, they do not sound anymore correctly and their setup (ex; Tempo, Master Effects, Style Volume Tracks, etc...) change
to something else and don't sound correctly as they were saved
This could happen with any style.

I did all basic troubleshooting that I know without any luck to solve this issue.

I did:
1- Reinstalling the latest OS version 1.3.1.
2- Factory Restore.
3- I opened my set and Load first PCM folder, then Sounds folder and Style folder successfully.
4- Renamed the styles.
5- Save all in the internal Disk of Pa1000 as a new SET.
6- Again Factory Restore and turn Off the keyboard.
7- Turn On the keyboard and Load my whole Set from the internal Disk of Pa1000.

PS1: By the way, I loaded 2 different sets, and tested both in my keyboard, the result is the same and the problem persists.
I tried the same sets in my friend's keyboard and they play both correctly.

After all the above steps I start playing my set BUT the problem occurs again.
Problem persist and Not Solved!

PS2: In the meantime to follow up my troubleshooting I did revise my samples included in the set and cleaned up some "no Ref" missing sample just to make sure
my set is ok. I saved my set with clean samples and loaded in Pa1000.
First thing I did, I tried a Factory style "Fifty Shades" and suddenly it starts sounding weird, the Drum Track sound was gone, and it froze the keyboard. After restarting everything came back to normal.

Last edited by BR on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: format Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by duby2 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: format Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
maybe if korg give you a update of the OS 1.3.1 with format options in it ...
I would ask Korg ...
this way you would start clean disk ….

It would be nice from you because I am stuck and cannot yet gig with my Pa1000.

Thanks.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - user samples Reply with quote

BR wrote:
This is about Pa1000, OS v 1.3.1
2- Factory Restore.
3- I opened my set and Load first PCM folder, then Sounds folder and Style folder successfully. .....
Problem persist and Not Solved!

As you did (loading first PCM folder after factory restore) you loose links from pcg to kmp and pcm-files I think.

If you load pcm-folders its data are written serial to next free locations of memory without coordination how to be linked to data of kmp and pcg.

If there are no user-sounds in user-sound-banks (user01.pcg .... user04.pcg, userdk01.pcg, userdk02.pcg) you better load userSound&dk, else - without deleting the user-sounds already contained in memory - load single sounds instead.

Each load of a user-sound/dk (...PCG) with user samples automatically will write its PCM-data (RAM01.pcm ... 99.pcm) to memory, will update Multismp (RAM.KMP) and will create a link to the sound (pcg).

Samples to user's sounds are found reliable only in case linked correctly - but does not, if first PCM-data are loaded separately.

PS:
Before OS 1.3. each time existing samples are overwriting could damage other samples in memory.
So you get bug fix in OS 1.3.1 that samples to be damaged in memory would not occur.
Before OS 1.3.1 last memorized sounds with its samples could play correctly but could be not to sounding correctly after some steps of navigation through some other styles.
If loading PCM-folders from sets saved with previous OS it certainly not seems to be sure to use intact samples.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - user samples Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

As you did (loading first PCM folder after factory restore) you loose links from pcg to kmp and pcm-files I think.

Hi,
Although I think this is the correct and only way to load a Set (which is not basically made for that specific Pa keyboard) for the first time
in Pa series but I am open to any better idea to solve my problem.

I did the same way for loading my first set in Pa4X in 2016, because there was not any available specific set for Pa4X (for my genre of music),
so I got a Pa3X Set and loaded one by one and save it as Pa4X, and since it works fine.
Any idea or suggestion will be welcome in order to resolve my problem.

Thank you
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - styles do not sound correctly Reply with quote

Hello,
your troubles seems not to be suited for "Problems Report for Pa1000/Pa700 (no wish-lists)". As Korg has informed in UpgradeManual with OS 1.3.1 bug was fixed "when overwriting existing sample other samples in memory could be damaged".

Maybe this is an explanation why your user styles do not sound correctly. Bugs with memory organization of Pa1000 will cause unpredictable mistakes in case of user samples - not only with styles but always may happen in case using musical resources with user samples.

After installing OS1.3.1 with its Factory Data it would be necessary to get clean locations of user samples in memory, without using damaged data of sets accidentally stored with previous OS versions of Pa1000.

If no troubles will occur without user samples used in musical resources, next steps can be limited on controlling the usage of user samples.
As mentioned in Pa4x forum " Is this possible? (merging sets)" memorizing (load, save, copy) of resources with user's samples require some care - also is valid for Pa1000:

AntonySharmman wrote:
..Merging two or more sets is not an easy workflow that can be explained in a few lines topic ...
But did I ever mentioned to load PCM and MULTISMP data of any SET?

You never do that in merging SETs procedure, only loading partially Sounds/Pads, that will automatically load the required PCM samples as far as the Sound positions are not the same else one set will overwrite others SOUND resources ...

Conclusion : all SOUND resources must have been loaded in user positions of Main.SET including all custom PCM in order all Direct SET Styles/PAD/KBD SET to work properly !

... if you want my opinion , it's better to merge them (samples) in one solid SET and use them from there!
Direct SET function is ideal only for Styles & KBD SETs that are assigned with factory resources, unlike custom PCM Direct SETs will make your arrangement very complex, and IMO one Direct SET with custom PCM is already too much!
When you open a SET with custom PCM and you load the whole file "SOUND" or any Bank0X / DK or individual any of 1-128 sounds per bank, the result will be always the same ... system will load all samples and multisamples that are used for every single sound you load without doublicating common resources!
The major advantage when loading partial Banks of custom sound resources with PCM, is that only this way you can discover missing samples and gray samples issues with warning window, that you will never see when loading the whole SET.

Also in Pa4x forum "Direct Set feature is actually incomplete !" the problems are treated with user's samples:
siebenhirter wrote:
.. Pa-Keyboards like Pa4x / Pa1000 have DirectSet function and some good Sample functions to be used with USER-Samples.
But there is a drawback that EACH USER-SAMPLE MUST BE PRESENT IN INTERNAL MEMORY BEFORE USED WITH DIRECT-SET.

If you have to perform LOAD functions before using DIRECT SETs that is not really a Direct Sets workflow.

Besides, it is necessary to be careful with LOAD functions of User Sounds, so that does not happen an unintentional delete of current Usersamples and User-Multisamples during Load function. Next it is necessary to manage User sounds in Direct Set to be used planned and once you no longer need user samples of the direct sets again there is necessary an operation to reload no longer needed User Samples. ...

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: format Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
maybe if korg give you a update of the OS 1.3.1 with format options in it ...
I would ask Korg ...
this way you would start clean disk ….

Hi duby2,
I was wondering if you have any news from Korg regarding OS 1.3.1 with format options in it.
I've also sent an email to korg support explaining my problem in detail but no
reply so far from them.

Thanks.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by duby2 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
BR...
i would take one setup and load one part at a time and run ,, an then the next part .. untill i fine whitch part is bad... just sounds .. just styles ... .. just sample ...

I did load part by part of my set and I found some warning "Sound loading was incomplete: some items are not found" on my Sound folder.
I loaded all the sounds of all four User Sound and two User DK, one by one into Pa1000 and I deleted those incomplete sounds.
I also deleted all "no Ref" missing samples through Korg Pa Manager.

I saved the New Set on the Disk of PA1000.
I did Factory Restore, switch off the keyboard.
I loaded the New Set.

The first thing I did, before selecting any style in Users area, was to select any style from Factory category and start playing.
As soon as I hit one of the Keyboard set buttons (one of four buttons for Keyboard set under screen/display) to change the sound,
the Pa1000 freezes and not responding to any thing, so I had to reboot the keyboard.

So I am wondering why my Pa1000 freezes with the Factory styles.

May I ask you or other Pa1000 users a favor:
Try exactly in the order, my below steps (7 steps) with your customized set
(your set has to have samples in Accompaniment Style Tracks, ex; DR Track, Percussion Track, etc...) and see if you can replicate this freezing issue.

Here are the steps to replicate the freezing problem with my sampled customized set in Pa1000:

1-Backup my set.
2-Factory Restore.
3-Swithch OFF/ON the Pa1000
4-Load my set.
5-When loading finish,IMPORTANT: First select/highlight any Factory style before selecting any user style. Do Not Select/Highlight any user style.
You can try to select/play more than one Factory style if the keyboard is not frozen yet at this step.

6-Hit Start and play the Factory style.
7-While the factory style is playing, hit/select one of the keyboard set buttons underneath the screen to chose another instrument.

In the last step (no 7) my Pa1000 freezes and not respond.

I would appreciate it if you or other Pa1000 owner can try these steps and report back here please.
I want to make sure if my keyboard is not defective.

Thank you

Last edited by BR on Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: