Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Yamaha PSR-SX Series...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: New Yamaha PSR-SX Series... Reply with quote

As most of you know, I LOVE my PA700 and use it daily in both my business and in my studio area.

Yamaha was falling behind a bit with the PSR-S775/PSR-S975 series compared to the Korg PA700/PA1000.

It looks like Yamaha has upped the game a bit with these new offerings...they have some neat features that if are not on the PA700/PA1000, Korg might consider them in a future update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7exwr_4GJ9I

Not that I am considering upgrading to a different brand of arranger by any means, but just providing info about Yamaha stepping up their game a bit...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC

Last edited by Musicwithharry on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks quite boxy and the back is a little like the Tyros 2.
hans1966

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Musicwithharry, It seems to be a great improvement since S975. You have to wait for them to be available at a local store to try them and so, you can make conclusions.

I choose the Peace of God!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my research, they are supposed to be available in the USA sometime in October. Some stores are already offering a pre-order option. One online store had the PSR-SX700 selling on pre-order for $1,499 USD. That is $200 more than the PA700.

One thing that I gleaned from the Specs sheet on Yamaha's website for the PSR-SX700 is that is had up to 5 Insert effects.

Unfortunately, it does not give more detailed information about how they are arranged and such. If the insert effects are set up similarly to how Korg did it in the M50 (and the M3, and others), then that is a step above what Korg is offering in the PA700. It may cause a new update to the OS for the PA700/PA1000 to allow for that functionality as well...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
It looks quite boxy and the back is a little like the Tyros 2.

I like the look of the unit. It is sleek and I love the blue motif (no pun intended). It has a cool blue look to it.

I wish we could change the colors on the screen of the PA700. I'm not so worried about the red LEDs in the buttons, but the orange/green colors on the screen of the PA700 do not look good to me. I know that it is a matter of aesthetics, but I'd like to be able to change colors.

Grace,
Harry
hans1966

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the official Yamaha website where it mentions the features and specifications of the SX900. regards

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/index.html

Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends:

It seem to be a reduced version of Genos.-
Although we have some issues with PA4x, it continuous been the best arranger.- Perhaps screens are not nice, but there is no limit on its functions; Genos and little brothers don't let you modify styles and sounds in the deep way you can do with Korg PA series.-
Again Korg +1.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA4X is at a different price point, and lacks speakers, so they may largely appeal to different prospective buyers. But a PA1000 customer could be looking at these, for example.
hans1966

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think a significant advance from the S975 to the SX900 is that it now comes with an MP3 recorder in addition to the WAV recorder, which means that there is no need to go to the PC, to do the conversion.

showwhite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see KORG add RR drum sample feature like Revo drum in their future updates. Of course the similar YAMHA free sound programming and encryption software is much appreciated, even it is a strip down version.
ingar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New Yamaha PSR-SX Series... Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
As most of you know, I LOVE my PA700 and use it daily in both my business and in my studio area.

Yamaha was falling behind a bit with the PSR-S775/PSR-S975 series compared to the Korg PA700/PA1000.

It looks like Yamaha has upped the game a bit with these new offerings...they have some neat features that if are not on the PA700/PA1000, Korg might consider them in a future update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7exwr_4GJ9I

Not that I am considering upgrading to a different brand of arranger by any means, but just providing info about Yamaha stepping up their game a bit...

Grace,
Harry

In my opinion, wery nice and airy soundpictures with good space between instrument. Not that boomie and together pressed sound earlier psr had. And I do belive that S900 have scatwoices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCGte8NgcOc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: