Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lush shimmer ambient pad sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawnbell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: lush shimmer ambient pad sound Reply with quote

Hi there,

I don't have any knowledge of sound design, I have been trying to play around on my PA700 to get sound like the one in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LrQ7Cb5fuI

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to achieve the sound I was after. Can anyone shine some light on my pursue? Is a sound like that available for PA700? Anybody has created one like that?

As always, thank you.

Self-taught keyboard newbie. Humbled and grateful for this forum. Korg PA700 + TC Helicon Perform-VK
Dawnbell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Effects Reply with quote

What factory effect(s) can be possibly used to create this sound?

Self-taught keyboard newbie. Humbled and grateful for this forum. Korg PA700 + TC Helicon Perform-VK
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually use a sound similar to this in church during prayer. I just modified another one today Smile. You can make something really close on the PA Series. In fact, I believe that Paddylicious is a sound on my PA700.

Mine is a combination of factory, a custom sound, and a sound from the Dopamine set...

Your sound request is pretty doable Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Dawnbell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Harry, for your reply. I am sure PA700 can generate the sound that I am after if one knows how. But the problem for me is that I don't know how. I have no idea what "Paddylicious" and "Dopamine set" are Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that one of the voices I used in my Keyboard Set for the sound similar to what you are trying for is in this link:

https://dopamine4korg.wordpress.com/full-sets/

Download the 2.6 SET

The sound is called Angelic Voices...

The Paddylicious sound was actually a custom Keyboard Set (which is basically a setup of 4 sounds (3 Upper/1 Lower/Setting/Effects) that you can use when playing a Style or Playing with a Song).

You should be able to load this into an open User Bank and it will fill it up with the sounds in this set.

After doing that, you should be able to load my custom SET here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1guegUkJvSN9YxE97kQeCBkWiboPUh7Z_

Load this into another User Bank and this will load the sounds I have in one of my User Banks.

I will have to save my Keyboard Set separately so you can pick which ones to load into your existing set. Simply loading a full SET file would overwrite what you already have and that is not a good thing.

I would recommend doing a Full Resource Backup before loading anything into your PA700 though Smile

You can also PM me or find me on Facebook and we can chat that way for more detailed information and we can get your machine set up for more custom use...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Dawnbell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks a bunch! Reply with quote

I have downloaded both files and will certainly give it a try! Thank you, Harry!

tomyl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please share the custom Set? I would like to try as well..
Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: