Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Audio voice and a combi at same time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
losackmd2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Recording Audio voice and a combi at same time Reply with quote

i own the PA4x and now the KROSS ( bought it because of its mobility battery operated and just to begin songs thinking it would record vocal and combi playing at the same time
the PA4x
llows me to record vocal and the keyboard all together at the same time into an MP3... simple but i don't have access to it all the time

on the KROSS
is it my understanding that i cannot record audio
a Combi like Piano and Strings combi
while i sing into the mic
at the same time
and save it as an audio file?

i know quick record will only record midi i.e. the keyboard or a pad
but

is it impossible to sing along with a combi record it as audio
in a file like the professional arrangers allow

i would really appreciate someone with experience with the Kross machine
to give me a heads up.. is this impossible to do

thanks so much
GL
lidserter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Audio recorder lets you record all audio that is heard from you output. That includes your performance on prog/combi/seq modes, plus active audio input plus usb audio input. To access the audio recorder press exit + audio rec.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
losackmd2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: thank you so much Reply with quote

for responding

if i am in combi mode and the vocals are on
how if you don't mind
would you just outline the steps
to get me to record audio
( the combi and my voice )

i think i have to be in sequencer mode don't i. ??

there is terrible documentation on how to do this
both on line and in the manual

thanks for your time GL
lidserter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the documentation is quite fine, refer to page 101 of the operating guide. Quite detailed, Recording the performance of the KROSS and Recording external audio input on page 102
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
losackmd2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: one final question and i thank you very much again Reply with quote

i wrote to KORG directly
about this

i did read the manual 99- 104

it seems as if i first have to record the keyboard as a take
and after that record a MIC line in if thats what i want
but i don't think the KROSS 2 records
as if i was playing live and singing at the same time in one take
as if a tape recorder was recording my playing and singing at the same time.

if your answer is YES i can i will then work harder to understand how to do this.
Steve M on the demos doesn't record the keyboard and sing on the first take.
i don't want to overdub i want to record everything I'm playing and singing with the KROSS as if i was recording into a DAW or digital audio recorder
both at the SAME TIME.. i hate to bother you but i think you might have misunderstood my question.

thanks so much
patience is a virtue
gl
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried, you can do it!
Maybe you are confusing sequencer mode and audio recorder. They are different things, sequencer is dedicated to record midi, on 16 channels. Audio recorder records all the audio that comes out from the outputs, audio recorder let you overdub infinitely, and preserve the takes. Although, the takes are mixed with the previous data, so it's not multichannel, just let you revert to a previous state whenever you need.

So, in order to record AUDIO:
*Press the PROG/COMBI button to enter Program or Combination mode, and select the sound that you want to play from the keyboard and record.
*Activate the audio input, and select mic or line as desired.
*Hold down the EXIT button and press the AUDIO REC (play/pause) button to open the AUDIO RECORDER SETUP window.
*Press function, Create new audio song.
*Press the MENU (Rec Control ) button to enter the record-standby condition. (AUDIO REC (play/pause) button: blinking red)
*Press the MENU (Rec Control ) button or the AUDIO REC (play/pause) button to start recording. (AUDIO REC (play/pause) button: lit red)
*Play the keyboard while singing.
*To stop recording, press the PAGE+ (Stop/Reset ) button (AUDIO REC (play/pause) button: unlit). When you stop, you’ll automatically return to the time location where you started recording.
losackmd2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: directly from KORG SUPPORT. Reply with quote

Thank you for contacting Korg USA Product Support.

You cannot record the keyboard performance and external audio at the same time in the Kross 2. The audio recorder can record what you play on the keyboard or record an external audio signal from LINE IN, MIC IN or USB audio input.

Best regards,

Product Support
KORG USA Inc.

I have been able to do this.... had to prove it to myself and it works... KORG doesn't seem to know their own products

G
lidserter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, i was just going to point that. Sad. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: