Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Update OS Or Not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brassclass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: To Update OS Or Not? Reply with quote

Hi ! I am new to the Kronos world having just purchased a used Kronos2 88 key. Currently OS 3.0.2 resides on my machine and has no issues. I see that OS 3.1.3 is the latest OS available. Would it be wise to upgrade to the latest OS to get the most current enhancements and bug fixes or would it be smarter to continue on with the 3.0.2? I guess another option would be to upgrade to a new OS but not all the way up to the 3.1.3.

All comments appreciated!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should have info on 3.0 . Then the improvements on any 3.1

Get clear on that.

After that is clear, Its really your call IMO.

What I vaguely remember is that Korg made 3.1 available last January
to support 2 or 3 new sample libs.

See what others dig up and post.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: To Update OS Or Not? Reply with quote

Brassclass wrote:
Would it be wise to upgrade to the latest OS to get the most current enhancements and bug fixes?

Why keep an older OS version at all ? I never experienced problems upgrading my K2 since 2016. Currently, you are missing out on some great features, including the useful Quick Split and Quick Layer functions which IIRC appeared during the 3.1 + updates, etc.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you decide to do the update, follow the instructions exactly as written. You can always choose to do the update later. BTW make sure the firmware is up to date also.
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: To Update OS Or Not? Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Brassclass wrote:
Would it be wise to upgrade to the latest OS to get the most current enhancements and bug fixes?

Why keep an older OS version at all ? I never experienced problems upgrading my K2 since 2016. Currently, you are missing out on some great features, including the useful Quick Split and Quick Layer functions which IIRC appeared during the 3.1 + updates, etc.

KK's right - just do it.
aether

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are numerous fixes documented by Korg, and even if not directly affected by them, as a SW guy would personally suggest to always get the latest available OS version unless there are documented update issues.

Note that this 3.1.3 update also comes with a firmware update to be done separately, and therefore even more recommended.

Not updating to latest, apart from obvious issues like bug fixes missing, might cause you problems further down the line if some other partial SW update relies on the latest OS for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: