Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best midi controller for ipad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Best midi controller for ipad? Reply with quote

I am looking for a midi controller with :

- 61 or 76 high quallity keybed with aftertouch
- 16 drum pads
- 8 encoders
- 9 sliders or drawbars..
- good build quallity

So far i surprisingly can only find 2 keys that support this

-Arturia keylab mk2
-Korg Kronos with nanopad 2..

Makes you wonder why not more keyboards have 9 sliders...
Trader One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Try before buy Reply with quote

I had similar requirements and didnt liked at all keyaction on Arturia keylab mk2 .

After testing lot of keyboards I got novation sl mk2 and I am happy with that. Pads are crap (very little force feedback) but I use them only for instrument switching so Its okay.

Connecting to ipad using Yamaha USB MIDI to bluetooth.
magilla66

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:45 am    Post subject: Best midi controller for ipad? Reply with quote

This is probably a dead thread, but...

I just went looking for a 61-key MIDI controller that had sufficient controls I could map to the Korg Module Pro (and just about anything else, really). I was getting by using a Yamaha Reface CP, but it's complicated to remember which dials and switches do what after I assign them.

I'd previously owned an Arturia KeyLab MkII 61-key, but wasn't thrilled with the keybed, the DAW mapping (I use Reaper), and the latency that I just couldn't get rid of. Reaper crashed a lot if I layered too many Arturia instruments, too.

I looked at the $200 to $300 range, and decided that of the controllers in that range, the Nektar Panorama T6 made the most sense to me.

Check out videos on YouTube by a vlogger named John Mike...great reviews of MIDI Controllers in your wheelhouse.

T
Korg Module/Module Pro
Nektar Panorama T6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: