Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROLAND JUPITER X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xp50player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think it has been established that the Model engine banks in the Jupiter XM use the same VA oscillators as in the ZenCore side and in the Fantom. If they did, it might not have been necessary to have those unique Model engines. My understanding is the Model sounds use a lot more polyphony, like 32 max or something.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xp50player wrote:
I don’t think it has been established that the Model engine banks in the Jupiter XM use the same VA oscillators as in the ZenCore side and in the Fantom. If they did, it might not have been necessary to have those unique Model engines. My understanding is the Model sounds use a lot more polyphony, like 32 max or something.

You are right, i found this ...

Quote:

Different from the base Virtual Analog of ZEN-Core, the ABM-powered “Model Bank” synths in the JUPITER-X and Xm reproduce the total character of specific vintage synths including the JUPITER-8, JUNO-106, JX-8P, and SH-101, all with incredible precision. For these synths, we did deep behavioral analysis of elements such as the filter’s curve, range, and response speed, which are different for each model, of course. We even recreate characteristics including oscillator drift driven by temperature changes. We actually put a physical temperature sensor inside the JUPITER-X and Xm to help with this!
The expandable ZEN-Core engine truly embodies all of Roland’s synthesizer know-how, and through the immense power of our BMC chip, can run multiple synthesis types including product-specific expansions plus DSP effects simultaneously and in real time. It truly is a breakthrough.

It confirms that the VA partof the Jupiters has another mode “ABM”
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://jupiterxpert.com/
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet and bought the Fantom 6, and I have to say that the VA side of Zen-Core is pretty stunning... I really don't care if anything is modeled on a particular set of Roland synths as I have the System-8 if I need them.

I'm just glad it's not plagued with the J80/50/Integra/Gaia problems with sync, PWM and supersaw aliasing and phase locked oscillators. Having SN-A is a bonus as are the 15 SRX/EXZ expansion slots.

It'll be interesting to see how Roland take this platform forward.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
I bit the bullet and bought the Fantom 6, and I have to say that the VA side of Zen-Core is pretty stunning... I really don't care if anything is modeled on a particular set of Roland synths as I have the System-8 if I need them.

I'm just glad it's not plagued with the J80/50/Integra/Gaia problems with sync, PWM and supersaw aliasing and phase locked oscillators. Having SN-A is a bonus as are the 15 SRX/EXZ expansion slots.

It'll be interesting to see how Roland take this platform forward.

They will be adding more super natural sounds, next patch...
Think organs, piano, guitars...
Thats allready confirmed..

Roland has big plans improving the Fantom..
Also better interaction with midi devices is promissed
Like being able to load ins files for your devices..

The sequenzer part will also be improved and expanded uppon..
And they will be adding more options for backings..

Other things are not confirmed yet
Like support for non apple daw’s
Adding the i-arpeggiator from the Jupiter X
Zen core improvements like multi vellocity layer samples..
Or support for wavetables..

Its an exciting time now companies keep improving their keyboards continously... its what Korg started..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/kChmKM5Rmdc
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andertons review was at least some new things that were viewed from others I saw for Jupiter Xm.

But kind of silly to make a "thing" of the temperature and aging features of chips. Was it more than 5 minutes of 25 minutes to talk about that.

I'm still more interesting in System-8 if they had a firmware update that made backup restore features could select banks - sort of fool it having little storate. As it is with 64 memory slots is not anywhere near what I would consider no matter how lovely sounding.

Overall Korg seems to offer a lot more new abilities to build more interesting textures. Both Prologue and Wavestate are part of things I appreciate, but I'm not a gigging musician, all for my own amusement, kind of. Finding unusuall sounds inspire to new music in itself.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/88PiVs0MAdE
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/LU3wyZit-Hw
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be useful if youtube links included a line of explanation.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: