Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You have to get both...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: You have to get both... Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/se/products/tuners/ma_2_pokemon/

When are the Pokemon themed workstations coming?
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed these ones: https://www.korg.com/se/products/tuners/pc_2_pokemon/
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh!! Yes, missed those.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Korg could come up with other products that aren't as 'gimicky' as these...although, my daughter would love a Pokemon tuner for her glockenspiel Smile She LOVES Pokemon...maybe this was Korg's intent Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:

What are those blobs of pixelated mess? Is that supposed to look like something? Some cartoon character or something?

BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
megamarkd wrote:

What are those blobs of pixelated mess? Is that supposed to look like something? Some cartoon character or something?

They are Pokemon, retro bitmap style.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
StephenKay wrote:
megamarkd wrote:

They are Pokemon, retro bitmap style.

I can't tell one blob from the next...

megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
Surely Korg could come up with other products that aren't as 'gimicky' as these...although, my daughter would love a Pokemon tuner for her glockenspiel Smile She LOVES Pokemon...maybe this was Korg's intent Smile

Grace,
Harry

How do you tune a glock? Aren't they fixed tuning? Sorta hard to change the length of a metal bar without replacing it. I remember being taught glock in first year of high school as our music teacher was sick of recorder (and we all came from a primary school which taught recorder from yr 1 to yr 6). After a year of glock, he went back to recorder!

StephenKay wrote:

Let's just say, it's like putting Hello Kitty onto their tuners. I'm sure, as Harry said, they will appeal to kids learning guitar or violin and the like. Whatever happened to pitch-pipes, ey? Wink
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
billysynth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

well done Korg.

Professional Baby Musical Toy Manufacturer.

Your Bankrupt mate!

Vas
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="megamarkd"]
Musicwithharry wrote:

Grace,
Harry

How do you tune a glock? Aren't they fixed tuning? Sorta hard to change the length of a metal bar without replacing it. I remember being taught glock in first year of high school as our music teacher was sick of recorder (and we all came from a primary school which taught recorder from yr 1 to yr 6). After a year of glock, he went back to recorder!

Well, I was being somewhat sarcastic. My daughter LOVES Pokemon and she would probably love to have one, just because it is something Pokemon Smile

Of course, one cannot tune a glockenspiel in that sense Smile Tuning a glockenspiel is akin to sending one into an auto parts store to buy more blinker fluid Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth wrote:
LOL

well done Korg.

Professional Baby Musical Toy Manufacturer.

Your Bankrupt mate!

Vas

Children's entertainers make bank! A saxophonist friend who trained at our conservatorium of music now funds his life teaching kids sax and clarinet and does quite well out of it (but works his arse off). And the instrument stores that cater towards students do too. The one that I used to buy slide cream for my t'bone in high school now is my preferred synth store, but in their display window they still have "student" instruments on show and boast "discounts for learners". You have to go to a different part of the store to get the expensive stuff, or down two doors for the 'hi-tech' instruments. Still more often than not when I visit, I see half a family in the 'regular' section of the store buying their kids instruments that require tuners. Keeping your kids interested in something you just spent $300 on by augmenting it with a $20 tuner with a videogame character on it is a wise investment.

Now if Korg were making those horrible children's glock's with the plastic housing and pictures of flowers and rainbows on them, then maybe I'd concede they have given into the baby musical toy market, but I'm still not convinced that battery operated synths with speakers qualifies them yet (hey at least their full sized 'credible' performance synths don't come with built-in speakers!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: