Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organ/bass pedals for kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strangeglow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Organ/bass pedals for kronos Reply with quote

Im interested in getting bass pedal keys (like on an organ) for my kronos. So far I've only found nord pedal keys and the roland pk-series, but nothing from korg. Does anyone have any experience using pedal keys with the kronos? Does korg make any? Are third-party products compatible? If so, how would one program the kronos and the bass pedal to work together?

Thanks in advance.
[/img]
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Though quite expensive, there's also a Hammond conventional organ MIDI board as well with loooong pedals (there's probably more from other brands too).

I don't think Korg offers organ pedals, but to play them with a Kronos would be easy. Even on a 61-key unit, you could program combis with MIDI pedals triggering organ sounds/notes programmed below the lowest C available, etc. The Kronos is quite versatile for such things.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key Zoning is the way it works.
But the Bass pedal board would be better for Kronos if it comes already programmed to specific midi notes that match the typical low notes real Organs use for their pedal keys.

That should be how it works.
The pedal keys should be midi ready and have a way to select the midi transmit channel or at least be omni channel transmit.
And then they should at least be set to play midi note messages matching the typical bass notes real organs use for the foot note keys.
Even better if it lets you do zoning right from the foot key board.

Either way, even worst case scenario where it is fixed to one midi channel and midi note zone+range, Karma can help.
It just has to be a midi board you get. With at least a 5 pin MIDI-OUT port.

Karma can help with midi channel bypass in combi mode and can even do note mapping to compensate for any note range or zoning limitations from the foot key board.

https://www.roland.com/global/products/pk-6/
This Roland PK-6 appeals to me because it comes with multiple foot control functions in addition to the 13 bass notes on foot keys.
Roland/Boss does foot controls the way i prefer. You always get extra.
I use a Boss drum machine with Kronos and it gives me 4 foot control function that i can midi into Kronos and add to the two foot controls Kronos has.

I doubt any decent midi board for foot keys, is going to leave you without basic midi channel flexibility and zoning+range flexibility built in.
But that is what you want to look for when deciding what to buy.
That will determine how easy a time you will have using it with Kronos.
Strangeglow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Organ/bass pedals for kronos Reply with quote

Strangeglow wrote:
Im interested in getting bass pedal keys (like on an organ) for my kronos... how would one program the kronos and the bass pedal to work together?

You can use any midi bass pedal of any brand there is no restriction and Kronos will generate the tones.
You have just to create a Combination with Hammond for instance in split upper/lower keybed and assign midi channel to a Hammond
bass sound track that will be exclusively controlled by midi pedal.
I have created such Combis for Hammond & Church Organ included in WavesArt EXS library Vintage Keyboards that are controlled f.e.
by Studiologic MP-117 Controller Pedal.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Organ/bass pedals for kronos Reply with quote

Double post !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a B3 with the bass pedal attachment- what a monster that was. Really got deep notes. But I never go that slick playing the bass pedals.

If it were me, I would simply use the keys, set up a zone [ 2 octaves , 18 notes ?] , put it on a midi channel , and set up a combi. Or use the SEQ.

Kronos has numerous tones for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: